Anniversary Fluff

It's been a pretty boring day for you so far, just waiting for the phone to ring, or even for a message. Every time your cellphone has went off today, it's either been your family, or Leorio. You even find yourself diving for it, just to find out that it was an insurance company. Now, you find yourself sat in front of the tv, with some snacks surrounding you. 

'I guess I shouldn't be getting myself so upset. It's not like it's a big deal anyway,'  You find yourself thinking, 'He's very busy, and I already know that, but still...' You glance back down at your dry phone, and let out a long sigh. 'It is what it is. Maybe I should go hang out with Leorio.'

You unlock your cellphone, pulling up your contacts list. Just as your about to press call on Leorio's picture, your ringtone begins to play. You nearly drop it out of surprise, but manage to hold onto it, and press the answer button.

"Kurapika!" You exclaim, happily, "I missed you!! Are you okay?? Have you been eating and sleeping??"

He lets out a small chuckle at your excitement, "(Y/N), I've missed you, too. I apologize for not being able to call earlier. It has been very hectic here, to say the least. But I am fine. I have been taking care of myself just as you ordered."

You let out a relieved sigh, "I'm really happy to hear that, Kurapika. How is work today?"

"There is so much to do.." He lets out a long sigh, "I would much rather be with you."

"Me too," You start, mumbling, "Especially considering what day it is."

"Hmm?" Kurapika hums in thought, "Did you just say something?"

You shake your head, mumbling a "no" into the speaker. "It's not important so don't worry. When do you think you'll be home?"

"I don't think I'll be able to return home to you anytime soon," He starts, adding, "But I will try to come home before it gets too late. I apologize, (Y/N). I hope you are not too cross with me."

"Not at all," You try to ignore your upset feeling, and fake a happy voice, "I hope that you have a good day, then."

"(Y/N), is something the matter?" He asks you, easily able to tell that you're only faking your happiness, "Have I done something wrong?"

You hesitate to answer, before finally saying, "No, it's nothing. You should probably get back to work. I don't want you to get in trouble."

"I suppose you're right." He lets out a sigh, before saying, "If something is wrong, I hope you would tell me. We have been married for long enough for you to know that you can always talk to me. I love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you, too, Kurapika," Comes your response, "Don't worry about me. I promise I'm fine."

"Very well. I will call you when I'm on my way. Goodbye, my treasure."

"Bye, Kurapika."

You hang up the phone, looking at the tv with tears forming in your eyes, "He actually did forget." You wipe your eyes dry with your sleeve. "How could he forget our wedding anniversary?"

After the phone call, you decide to try to distract yourself by playing some video games, and reading a book. Unfortunately, you're still unable to quit feeling sad. You let out a strangled sigh, as you lie down on your bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"I know he's busy, and I don't want to stress him out, but.. This is a special occasion. Maybe I should confront him." You say aloud to yourself. 

You continue to think more about this while lying down. After a little while, your eyes start to feel heavy, and you unknowingly drift off into a deep sleep. 

Kurapika lets out a relieved breath once he walks through the door. He slips his shoes off, and closes the door behind him. He observes the living room, noting that you're nowhere to be found. The Kurta searches around the house for a little bit, before finally finding you passed out on the bed. 

"(Y/N)," He sits down on the side of the bed, and shakes you lightly, trying to wake you from your slumber, "(Y/N), my love, I'm home." He shakes you a little more, and your eyes slowly open.

Your vision is blurry as you're waking up. You rub your eyes, and sit up, feeling confused, "Kurapika..? What time is it?" You let out a small yawn.

"It's nearly 10pm." Kurapika explains to you. He takes your hand in his, "I apologize for being late, my treasure. I wanted to be here much earlier."

"Oh.." You look down with watery eyes, "It's fine.."

Kurapika immediately realizes this, and tries to get a good look at your face, "(Y/N), will you please look at me?" You places a hand under your chin, and slowly wills you to look into his eyes. "I promise I could never forget such a special day." He pulls a black box out of his pocket, and opens it up to reveal a beautiful diamond pendant. "I apologize, (Y/N). I know that it's not much, however-"

You cut him off by smashing your lips against his passionately. He places his free hand on the back of your head, and pulls you closer, deepening the kiss. After several seconds, you both finally pull away, gasping for breath. Your sad frown is now replaced with a large smile.

"Thank you, Kurapika. I love it." You admire it, briefly, before looking directly into his grey eyes. "I'm more happy that you remembered, actually."

He wraps an arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him, and planting a kiss on your cheek, "I could never forget the anniversary of the best day of my life. I have never been happier, (Y/N). You mean the absolute world to me. I would do anything just to see you smile."

"Kurapika," You find yourself speechless, "I love you so much. I just want to give you the happiness that you deserve. I'll always be here to support you, and give you whatever you need."

"(Y/N).." He gives you the sweetest smile that you've ever seen, "Thank you. That means the world to me." He gives you a peck on the forehead, "I love you."

"Oh!" a realization hits you, and you reach over to your bedside drawer, and pull out two sheets of paper, "Here's your gift!"

He eyes you curiously, before taking the pieces of paper from you, and reading the page from start to finish, "..Was this expensive?"

"Don't worry about the price!" You're quick to exclaim, "It's a couples hotel with a pool in the room! And there's a spa downstairs, so you can finally relax for a little while. I booked it for next weekend since you said you were off."

He offers you a soft smile, cheeks lightly tinted pink, "That's very thoughtful of you, (Y/N). Thank you. I look forward to spending the weekend relaxing with the love of my life." He looks away, saying, "I actually had reservations booked at your favorite restaurant, but I had to cancel because of work.."

You lean into him, just happy to be in his presence, "I'm just happy to see you, Kurapika. As long as I'm with you, I don't need anything else."

He runs a hand through your hair gently, "I am glad to hear you say that since I feel the same way. I rebooked the reservations for tomorrow, so I can only hope that makes up for it. I want to give you the world, (Y/N)."

"You already have, Kurapika. You are my world."