Middle-Ages Arranged Marriage AU

Disclaimer: I did my research for this, but I'm not gonna claim that it's all entirely historically accurate. I did not pay attention in history classes lol, but I did try my best on this. I hope that you enjoy regardless!! (It also turns out that I have royal ancestors)

"Do not think that you mean anything to me," You say coldly to the blonde-haired man standing in front of you, "You are nothing but a stranger to me."

The man gives no reaction, merely closing his eyes in acknowledgment, "..I understand."

Your parents had given you little time to process their arranged marriage idea, before meeting the man you were to wed. Your eyes scan over the man thoroughly, as you make mental notes of him in your head. 'He doesn't seem to be fazed by this whole ordeal.'

"Does this arranged marriage not disconcert you?" You bluntly question him, unable to hide your curiosity.

He shakes his head slightly, facial expression unchanging, "This is merely a part of life. There is nothing that we can say or do that will deter either of our parents."

"Well, I detest this," Your tone of voice comes out harsh, as you cross your arms, looking away from the man, "I want nothing to do with you."

He lets out a quiet sigh, before speaking, "Naturally, I feel the same way. But I will not disobey my parents."

"I couldn't even think of disobeying my parents, even if I wanted to," You sigh as you uncross your arms. Your frigid (E/C) eyes gaze into his, "What is your name?"

"Lord Kurapika Kurta," He bows to you slight, "And yours?"

"Lady (Y/N). Lady (Y/N) (L/N)," You bow to him as well, allowing a small smile to form on your face, "On other circumstances, I would have been happy to meet you. But I suppose we're stuck with each other."

Kurapika nods, "Our parents are arranging the marriage as we speak. I hope that we can at least be cordial to each other."

You scoff at this, "I cannot make any promises."

This was the only time you met your husband-to-be before the wedding. About a month later, everything was arranged, and the wedding took place inside of a small church. Your family seemed happy for you, but you couldn't understand why. The blonde-haired boy showed no emotions throughout the whole ceremony, unnerving you even more. When the priest asked if there was any reasons to prohibit the marriage, you find yourself biting your tongue, as your mother and father glower at you. Kurapika placed a ring on your finger, and you placed a ring on his. The priest spoke for awhile longer, before prompting you both to kiss. Kurapika still seemed aloof, but he hesitated when coming near you. He simply gave you a quick peck on the lips, before everyone cheered.

After the wedding, your family held a large feast at their manor, but you mainly stayed off to the side, unable to deal with this ordeal any longer. You let out a sigh, as you watch your family talking, and laughing joyously at the large table. 

"Lady (Y/N), are you alright?" A voice brings you out of your trance, and back into the real world. Kurapika stands in front of you, his eyes gazing directly into yours.

You give him a small nod, "Indeed. I'm just waiting for this to end."

"As am I," Comes Kurapika's response, "It is much too loud in here for my liking."

"I am to move in with you after this, yes?" You question him, even though you're already well aware of the answer.

He simply nods, and moves to stand beside you, leaning against the wall, "That would be the case, yes. My parents have offered to help us get settled into our new manor."