Very Sweet Halloween Fluff

"I usually do not do anything for Halloween,"  You're sitting across from your blonde-haired friend in a café, casually sipping on some hot apple cider, trying to escape the nip of  the cold autumn air. 

You raise an eyebrow at him, curiously wondering, "And why is that?"

"That is not important. Besides, I am usually busy," Comes Kurapika's blunt reply, afterwards he takes a sip from his tea cup.

You waste no time in asking, "Are you busy this year?" You're practically beaming at him now, and he's finding it impossible to look away from you, "Because Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I would love to spend it with you!"

Kurapika's eyes slightly widen at this, but he tries his best to hide his reaction, "Is that so? If you don't mind me asking, why would you want to spend Halloween with me? Surely, there is better people to spend your favorite holiday with."

You tilt your head at his question, "What do you mean? I think you're the best person to spend my favorite holiday with, so I asked you." After realizing what you've said, you find your cheeks flushing pink.

This catches Kurapika off-guard as he's speechless for a second, before a bright smile forms on his face, accompanied by a sweet chuckle, "If that is truly the case, then I would love to spend Halloween with you."

"Perfect! I wasn't sure that you'd say yes," You explain to him, the smile never leaving your face.

"How could I refuse such a request? I enjoy spending time with you, so I could never say no to you." A small smile remains on his face as he explains this.

Your cheeks heat up a little more, but you ignore them, pronouncing, "I'll make this the best Halloween that you've ever celebrated!"

He lets out another soft chuckle, but you swear you can see a hint of sadness within his eyes, "I do not doubt you, (Y/N)."

"Have you celebrated Halloween before, Kurapika?" You wonder, trying to gauge his reaction.

"A long time ago, yes." He looks down, refusing to meet your eyes for a few moments, before looking back up at you, "Do you have anything in mind?"

You're still curious, but decide against pressing your questioning. Instead, you smile dazzlingly at him, "First, we should pick out some costumes!"

"Kurapika, did you get the candy for the trick-or-treaters?" You wonder towards your boyfriend, who has just returned from the grocery store. He's putting away groceries in the kitchen, whilst you finish decorating the front of your house for the trick-or-treaters.

Kurapika stands in the doorway of the kitchen now, watching you finish hanging up a fake skeleton, "Yes, I did. I thought I set the bag of candy down on the couch when I arrived."

You shake your head, preoccupied with the Halloween decorations, "I didn't see anything. Are you sure you didn't leave it in the kitchen?"

"No, I have already put away all of the groceries in there," Kurapika now holds his finger up to his chin in thought, before walking over to the couch, and looking around a bit, "How strange.. Where could it have gone?"

You dust off your hands, satisfied with your work, turning around to face the Kurta. "Are you sure you didn't leave them at the store? You said they were pretty busy. Maybe the bag got mixed in with someone else's things."

"I suppose that is possible," He seems to be in deep thought for several seconds, "It cannot be helped." He walks back over to the front door, grabbing his jacket off of the coat hanger, and sliding it on. "I will go pick up a new bag. Don't worry, my treasure. I won't be gone for long."