Angsty Fluff **MANGA SPOILERS**

****This chapter has manga spoilers in it. If you don't want to be spoiled I don't recommend reading this chapter. If you don't mind, then by all means, read it. You have been warned****

You find yourself sitting on your couch, watching something on tv, as you're drifting off to sleep. You would have went to sleep awhile ago, but you're still waiting for a call from your loving boyfriend. You've been seeing Kurapika for awhile now, almost two years. He's still searching for his brethren's eyes, and you've been supporting him, and helping however you can. He's on a mission now to retrieve a pair, and was supposed to call when he was on his way home. You check your phone again, sighing when there's no new notifications.

"Please, just be safe." You plead aloud, hoping your words can somehow reach him. You tighten your grip on the blanket that's wrapped around your shoulders. "I don't want you to get hurt."

Almost as if your quiet pleas were heard, the doorknob to the apartment turns, and the blonde-haired boy enters the room. His shoulders are slumped, and his eyes are surrounded by dark circles. You quickly jump up from the couch, throwing the blanket off of yourself, and rushing towards him.

"Kurapika! You're safe!" You exclaim happily. You observe him carefully, making sure he's not injured anywhere, but he seems perfectly fine.

Kurapika hangs his jacket up on the coat rack, before turning his tired gaze towards you. He offers you a small smile, "I apologize if I worried you, my treasure." He pulls you into his arms, running his hand through your hair, gently, "I'm relieved that you are awake. I missed you."

You nuzzle your face into his shoulder, taking in his scent, "I've missed you, too, Kurapika. Did everything go according to plan?"

He nods, his gaze turning towards the bag he has set down on the floor, "I have retrieved another pair of scarlet eyes. I am only missing a few more pairs, now."

You rub his back soothingly, "I'm so glad, Kurapika. You're doing a great job."

"Thank you, (Y/N). I could not have done so much without your support." He gently pushes your hair out of your face, and presses a soft kiss to your forehead. "Would you like to help me set them with the other pairs?"

You nod in confirmation, and he pulls away, picking the bag up off of the ground. He pulls the pair of scarlet eyes out of his bag, and lets out a deep breath. You set a supportive hand on his shoulder, and he closes his eyes momentarily. When he opens them next, he leads you to his room dedicated to his brethren's eyes. Kurapika likes to spend a lot of time in here, just watching them, and remembering the past. You join him occasionally to offer your support, and sympathies.

He sets the newly retrieved pair of scarlet eyes on the shelf with the rest, and lets out a long sigh as he examines every eye on his shelves. After several minutes of this, he turns towards you with a tired smile on his face, "Thank you for helping me, (Y/N). Your support means everything to me."

"There's no need to thank me." Your voice comes out quiet, "I would do anything for you, Kurapika. I'm so deeply in love with you." After you realize what you've said, your cheeks heat up, and you look away from him, bashfully.

"(Y/N).." The Kurta is completely caught off-guard by this, and his cheeks flush pink. A smile forms after his surprised expression dissipates, "Do you really mean that?"

You look back up at him, fidgeting with your hands, "Of course I do."

He takes a few steps closer to you, taking both of your hands in his, "I feel the same way, (Y/N). You mean everything to me. I am completely in love with you."

You wrap your arms around his neck, and lean upwards to press your lips against his. Kurapika's hands move to your waist, and he pulls you closer to him, unwilling to let you go. As soon as you both pull away, you immediately miss the feeling of your lips against his, and lean in again, continuing the kiss.

Later that night, you're sitting in bed, responding to a text message from Leorio. Kurapika had been distant for the rest of the day, which isn't completely abnormal for him. But it came at an odd time. You ask Leorio if he's mentioned anything to him, but he hasn't said anything. Just as another message pops up, Kurapika walks out of the bathroom in an oversized sweater and shorts. Instead of walking towards the bed, he walks past it, and towards the door. You quickly reach out and grab his wrist, giving him a curious look.

"Kurapika, did I do something wrong?" You ask him, but he refuses to turn back to look at you, "You've been acting distant since earlier. Did I upset you?"

"Not at all," His voice comes out mumbled, "There is nothing to worry about, (Y/N). You have done nothing wrong."

You try to pull him closer to you, but he doesn't budge, "Then, why are you ignoring me?"

"It is nothing, (Y/N)." When you don't respond too this, he lets out a defeated sigh, and adds, "I am the problem. You deserve someone better than me."

"What? Why are you saying that?" Your sad tone almost breaks his heart, "What's going on? I think I deserve some type of explanation if you're going to say something like that."

Kurapika is silent for a moment, before he finally replies, "..Yes. I suppose you are right." He finally turns to face you, looking down, so that you can not see his face, "I apologize for my despicable behavior, (Y/N)."

"Just tell me what's going on," Comes your response. You let go of his wrist, and take his hand in yours, "I want to help you."

"I'm afraid there is nothing that can be said or done to help me." He lets out a deep breath, before looking up to meet your gaze. "Emperor Time. You've seen me use it enough times, haven't you, (Y/N)?"

You slowly nod at him, examining every inch of his face as he speaks.

"I use Emperor Time to become a specialist and use every nen category at 100%. Most of my abilities require the use of Emperor Time. But it was not an easy feat to accomplish this. (Y/N).. What I'm about to say.. I should have said much sooner." His eyes shift to a red tint, as he continues, "For every second I use Emperor Time, I lose an hour of my life." He looks down again, avoiding your eyes, "I am so sorry, (Y/N)."

The room is silent for several moments, before you speak again. A smile forms on your face, as you watch Kurapika with watery eyes, "I already knew. Well, I didn't fully know. But for nen as strong as that, I assumed you had done something along those lines."

"(Y/N)," He watches your expression with a surprised look on his face. He can't help but feel incredibly guilty, "I apologize, (Y/N). I-I did not want to tell you, but you deserve to know."

You squeeze his hand, gently, with tears running down your cheeks, "It's okay. I'll always support you, Kurapika. No matter what. How much time have you lost?"

He hesitates to answer, and when he does his voice is strangled, "About 5 years so far." His teeth are clenched, and his hands are balled into fists at his sides. Hot tears roll down his face as his voice comes out strangled, "you deserve so much better than this, (Y/N). I can understand if you no longer want to stay with me."

You crawl closer to the edge of the bed, and sit up on your knees. You cup his cheeks with both of your hands. You gently wipe away his tears with your thumb, as you look directly into his eyes.

"Kurapika, I'm not going anywhere. I want to spend every second I can with you. I'll stay here with you until the end. As long as you allow me to." You offer him a sweet smile, your tears still falling.

"Is that really what you want. (Y/N)?"

You nod, noticing Kurapika's body beginning to relax, "It's all that I want. Please let me stay by your side."

His fists unclench, and he lets out a relieved sigh, "I am unsure what I have done to be so lucky. I truly don't deserve you, (Y/N). I do not deserve to be so happy."

"Don't say that, my love. You deserve to be happy. I'll do anything I can to make you happy. I love you so much, Kurapika."

He sets his hand on top of yours, and leans into your touch, "I love you even more, my treasure. I want to give you the world. Thank you. For everything."

"Nothing will change how I feel about you."

You lean closer to him, capturing his lips in yours, as he wraps his arms around your neck to pull you closer. When you both separate, he leans his forehead against yours. He lets out a relieved sigh, and the corners of his lips perk up into a smile.

"I don't know what I would do without you."