(Kurapika) Hanahaki Disease

Kurapika was never planning on telling you that he had caught the Hanahaki disease. He didn't want you to worry yourself over him. No, the fact that you found out was completely accidental. In fact, he was in complete disbelief himself when he first found out.

He was talking with Leorio at the time, walking down the sidewalk towards their normal cafe hangout. It was a cold winter day, their breath visible as they spoke with each other.

"-Yeah I talked to Gon on the phone earlier and he told me to tell you he says 'hi'. He's still traveling around with Ging," Leorio continues his conversation with his friend, narrowing his eyes as he says 'Ging'.

"Oh, is that so? I should call him sometime," Kurapika says, making a mental note to himself to call his good friend later.

Leorio nods to this, a smug grin on his face as he says, "So, you do know how to use your phone? I couldn't tell since you never return my calls."

Kurapika only shoots him a death glare in response.

"Oh, didn't you hang out with (Y/N) last night?" Leorio questions his friend, quickly trying to change the topic, "How is she?"

"She seems to be doing very well. We spent a lot of time together catching up," He thinks back to the time he spent with you, a smile gracing his features without him realizing it, "I enjoyed it a lot."

"You two always got along really well, so I'm not surprised," Leorio points out, elbowing his friend while winking, "What else did you two do?"

Kurapika only rolls his eyes at his friend's ridiculous insinuations, "You truly do have a dirty mind. We merely caught up and had dinner together."

"Sounds like a date to me.."

Kurapika is quick to narrow his eyes at him, "Do not be ridiculous."

"Did you pay for dinner, too?" Leorio asks him, his smug grin never leaving his face.

"Well, yes, but I insisted that I pay for it," Kurapika starts, beginning to feel annoyed by his friend's antics, "Quit looking at me like that."

"So, you and (Y/N)-

"Quit it."

"You can tell me anything, you know," Leorio says, playfully elbowing him again.

"There is nothing for me to tell you," He gives him a cold side glance, "So, stop this."

"Come on, I won't judge you! (Y/N) is really pretty so I can understand why you like her," Leorio starts, ignoring the violent aura Kurapika is now giving off, "And she's so nice and caring! Oh, and funny!"

"I have already warned you to qui-" Kurapika is cut off as he feels a tickle in his throat, and coughs violently into his hand. When he looks down at his open palm, his eyes widen at the several brilliant red rose petals now resting in his hand.

He instantly knows what is happening. He's read about this disease in several books.. Hanahaki disease. And as far as he knows, it could be lethal. He has never dreamed that this would happen to him, but as he peers down at the petals in his hand, he has to believe it.

"Sorry, Kurapika!" Leorio exclaims after Kurapika has quit coughing, "I'll stop now, I mean it!" He takes notice of the petals in his friend's open palm, "Wait... Is that..? Kurapika, you need to see a doctor."

"I know, and I intend to. Do not mind me," He lets go of the petals, allowing them to fly past them in the wind, "Let's get some lunch, and then I will call the hospital."

"Oh okay," Leorio seems sad now, his excited mood from earlier completely wiped from his being, "How long have you had it?"

"I have not. It seems to have just developed."