Sad Angst :(

**I did cry while writing this :) And if you want to be double sad, listen to Before We Drift Away by Nothing but Thieves while you read it. (It's not inspired by the song or anything, it just played while I was writing this and it made me more sad.) Anyway, so sorry :( ~Ali**

Kurapika storms into the hospital, teeth clenched tightly against each other, unable to stay composed, his eyes blazing scarlet. He instantly spots Leorio, Gon, and Killua in the waiting room, wasting no time in questioning them, "Where is she? How is she??"

Killua and Gon glance at each other with guilt-ridden faces, before looking down at the tiled floor, avoiding his piercing gaze. Leorio lets out a deep breath, trying to remain calm for his friends, "Honestly, the doctors said that she's not looking good, buddy. We haven't even been able to see her yet."

"..I see. I should have been here," He looks down, a sad look in his eyes before looking back up, "How did this happen, anyway?"

Leorio looks away, as does Killua. Gon finally makes eye contact with Kurapika, a remorseful look plastered to his face. "(Y/N) went with us on a dangerous adventure, and she took a hit that was meant for Killua.."

Killua shifts uncomfortably, trying to feign a look of annoyance, "I told her that she shouldn't have come."

"And it took us a little while to find help for her, so she was bleeding a lot," Gon looks away, briefly, before looking back up with tears in his eyes, "We're sorry, Kurapika! We didn't want her to get hurt!"

"It's my fault," Killua casually says, putting his hands behind his head, his face void of any emotion, "I should have anticipated the hit, but I was distracted. I'm sure I wouldn't have survived if she hadn't jumped in front of me."

"(Y/N).." Memories of your time spent together flashes through his mind. He takes a deep breath, "It is not your fault, Killua. (Y/N) made a conscious decision to save you."

Leorio sets a reassuring hand on his blonde-haired friend's shoulder, offering him a small smile, "This is a really good hospital. I bet they'll do anything they can to take care of her."

"I can only hope that is the case.." His muscles slightly loosen up, "I wish that I could see her."

"I'm sure they'll let us see her soon!" Gon says, positively, trying to cheer up his worried friend.

Kurapika only offers him a half nod, as he slides down into a plastic chair, hoping for the best. Gon, Killua, and Leorio sit down in various chairs around him. Gon and Killua read a women's fashion magazine, laughing at their silly outfits. Leorio reads through a newspaper, glancing back every couple of seconds at Kurapika, who watches the door to the hallway, anxiously.

Several hours pass, the daylight pouring in through the windows now being replaced by a dim moonlight. Finally, a nurse enters the waiting room, calling Leorio's full name. Kurapika is the first one to rush over to her, with Leorio, Gon, and Killua right behind him.

"How is she? Can we finally see her?" Kurapika is quick to question her, his eyes gone scarlet again.

The nurse gives Leorio a look, and he nods in response, "He's with us. (Y/N) is someone very special to him."

"I see," She looks down, disheartened, before looking up at them again, "We did everything we could, but.." Kurapika's breathing becomes labored. "At most, she has a few hours left to live. I'm so sorry. But there's nothing else that we can do."

"You- Surely, you cannot be serious?!" Kurapika asks her in disbelief, "There has to be something- Anything we can do!"

Leorio places a hand on his shoulder, giving him a sad look, while Gon and Killua watch the nurse with distressed faces.