Chapter 1: The day that Changed everything pt 2

Maya's POV:

After I heard the cry's come from the small room in the far corner, me and Dean instantly made our way towards the cries.

"Ok Ma'am I'm going to need you to tell me where you are!" She asked, wanting to get to this woman straight away before it was too late.

She wasn't about to leave this building without her.

The smoke was thick and heavy and the flames were starting to progressively get even worse.

"Over here!" she heard the woman shout again, and instantly looked over in the direction they heard the voice coming from.

She couldn't see much due to the smoke, but could see a hand sticking up from a broken window in one of the rooms.

"We're on our way" her and Dean made their way over to the small box room, stepping over any piece of wood or ash that stood before them.

She looked down when she got to the broken window to see a brunette woman hunched other what looked like another person.

By the looks of the clothes this woman was wearing she assumed she worked at the hospital.

She wore pink scrubs that had been stained from the smoke.

"Ok Ma'am, is there someone else with you?" She asked, the woman nodded and pulled back to reveal another woman leant up against the wall holding her pregnant belly.

The window was completely broken and it was too risky to ask a pregnant woman to climb through it with broken shards of glass sticking up from the frame.

"Ok, I need you to try and get her to that side of the room whilst me and my partner here will break down the wall, so we can come and help you both" she pointed to the other side of the small room both women were trapped inside and took a few steps away from the wall.

Maya watched through the broken window to see the brunette guiding the pregnant lady over towards where Maya had told them to stand.

Both Maya and Dean started kicking at the wall.

Once they managed to break down the wall they instantly made their way towards both women.

"Are you ok?" Maya asked, leaning down by Emily's side and sweeping her hair from her face.

"My stomach" she screeched and she held her stomach in pain,

"Ok Miller mask please?" She asked dean as he attended to the other women making sure she was alright.

"Shit..." Miller muttered whilst rummaging through the bags that held equipment to help those that need it in situations like these.

"What Miller?" Maya asked starting to worry,

"there's only one mask!" He spoke looking at maya as she closed her eyes thinking about what she was going to do.

She looked at both the women coughing and struggling to breath and instantly had an idea " ok Miller swap" she told him switching to the tall brunette opposite dean.

"Hi I'm going to ask you to listen to me ok?" The woman nodded coughing

"Ok I'm going to give you my Oxygen mask, and jacket your going to follow us and listen to what we ask you to do ok?

She asked knowing that this wasn't going to end so well,

"Bishop you can't give her your jacket!" He hissed not knowing what was going through the blondes head.

"Look she needs it more than me her body has been in the flames for longer which means it's probably burned already, and we are walking through some tough flames, she needs it" Miller listened to the crazy yet correct fire woman