Chapter 3: We meet again pt1

Maya's POV:

It was currently Tuesday evening; Maya was sat in the kitchen at the station eating a sandwich she had made for herself.

She couldn't help but let her mind wander to Carina, and for some reason it unsettled her when the thought of not seeing her again came to mind.

There was nothing physically stopping her from going to the hospital and coming up with some lame excuse to see her again.

However, when Maya thought about doing so, she had the usual doubts in her head.

These doubts originated from her father, who had drilled it into the blonde that feeling any thing was seen as a sign of weakness; to embrace the pain.

She also didn't want to bring someone else into her life at the moment, she had a lot going on: Mason has been crashing at her house with his son.

It helped Maya to know that the brunette was doing well and was healthy after what  had happened at the hospital.

Her thought process came to a pause when the phone started to ring next to her, She answered it and looked at the caller ID to see who had phoned her.

"Hey Maya?"

"Hey Mase, what's up?" She asked, as she continued to eat her sandwich.

"well I was wondering if you could do me a favour...?" He asked, Maya had been hearing this sentence a lot lately, but she knew that her brother needed her help and that he had been working incredibly hard to get to the stage he was currently at, so of course she wanted to help her baby brother in any way she could.

"go on..." she said, waiting for him to continue.

'well I got offered a job interview at Grey Sloan to work as a receptionist, and yes it's not my thing... but it's a start right? I mean little Jamie could use it, what with the money it will bring in, so I was wondering if you could baby sit for me?" He explained, he had a tendency to rush his words when he was nervous.

Maya didn't really like kids, she found it hard to communicate with them, but she had a soft spot for her nephew.

"Um yeah sure how long for?" She asked.

"Uhh about 3 hours, if that's alright with you?" He asked

"yeah Mase that sounds good, is it ok if I take him out for a bit? I was going to go for a run anyway, so now it just gives me an excuse to go out" she could use a nice breath of fresh air, a slow walk around the city would be nice.

"Yeah that's fine sis do whatever, you know he loves you" Maya smiled at those words,before grabbing her trainers.

"ok where are you? Do you need me now?" She asked, as she made her way to the ent  dance of the station.

"I'm outside the station"

"alright I'll be right out" Maya told him, before she ended the call and slid her phone into the back pocket of her jeans.

She made her way to the doors of the station, before walking into the breezy Seattle air.

She could see her brother of the station standing on the pavement, pushchair being held close to him.

"Hey Mase" Maya said, as she hugged her brother and pinched Jamie's cheeks softly, making the 1 year old giggle.

He hugged his sister back, before going through every thing he was certain Maya needed to know, which basically consisted of things she already knew.

"here's his nightwear, and his bottles and his dummy, oh he likes it if you hold him whilst he sleeps. Set him down somewhere until I collect him"