Chapter 64: visiting hour

It had now been a couple of days since the accident involving Maya.

She had been healing well, everything was going along as planned.

Today was visiting day, and both women had planned for their children to come and see Maya.

Carina had been seeing Jamie as well as the blonde, but they were going to ask for someone to get him out of bed so he could see his mother.

Lexie was most excited out of them all, she hadn't stopped going on about seeing mommy.

"What time are the kids coming to the hospital?" Maya asked as she sat up in bed.

"Well one lives here but the others will be here in about 20 minutes.

"Ok good I'm going to have a quick wash" Maya said before swinging both legs out of bed and walking over to the bathroom.

Carina followed the blonde.

"Do you need help Bambina?" Carina asked no wanting Maya to hurt herself.

"Thank you for the offer my love but I'll be fine" she placed a kiss to Carinas cheek before opening the bathroom door and shutting it again once she was in there.

****************************

"Mommy!" Lexie ran towards Maya when she saw her.

"Woah Bella be gentle with mommy" Carina warned as she stopped her from jumping on the blonde.

"Sorry mama" Carina knelt down so she was level with her little girl and placed a kiss to her cheek.

"It's alright my love but mommy is very fragile ok so gentle touches"

Lexie nodded her head in response before walking over slowly to the blonde.

Behind Lexie was Andrew with the twins holding onto each hand.

They were practising their walking and had improved a lot.

"Mama" Mateo pointed to the brunette before crawling over to her Georgia was behind him.

"You don't understand how excited they were" Andrew laughed as both twins stood and held onto the brunette.

"I can imagine" Carina laughed when Mateo started kissing her face.

"Bello no no la mamma vuole vederti" she had also practiced their Italian with them when she had the time, they couldn't speak much but they could understand it.

"Mamma" Carina nodded her head and turned them so they could see the blonde sat up in bed gesturing for them to go over to her.

They crawled over to Maya with Andrew there to assist them onto the bed.

"How are you doing Maya?" Andrew asked as he placed one twin on Maya's right and another on her left.

"A lot better thank you" she smiled at her brother in law before paying her attention on the twins and Lexie.

"Hi baby" Maya placed a kiss to Lexie's cheek before kissing each twins head.

"How have my mini Italians been doing?" She asked earning a smile from both Georgia and Mateo.

They didn't respond but instead leant back into Maya's arms.

"Wheres Jamie?" Maya asked wanting her son to be with them as well.

"Teddy is bringing him down" Carina responded knowing that him walking took a while due to the lack of energy he had.

"Hi mum" Jamie poked his head through the door smiling at the blonde, he sounded out of breath whilst he spoke.

"He insisted we walked but I did offer a wheal chair" Teddy explained not wanting her friends to think she forced him to walk when he clearly didn't have the strength.

"It's alright my boy is stubborn" Maya smiled as she moved Georgia so she could assist Jamie over to the chair by the bed.

"Why aren't you resting?" Jamie asked worried for his mums health.

"I'm fine I just need to be in here to make sure" Maya explained as Jamie sat down.

She got back into bed moving Georgia back by her side.

It was nearing the end of visiting hour and all kids were somehow sat on the hospital bed with Maya.

Carina took this as a perfect opportunity for a photo.

She asked one of the nurses if she didn't mind taking the picture in which the woman nodded and took the picture for them.

"Ok bello you need to go home now" she kissed Mateos forehead softly before moving to Georgia and then Lexie, and last but not least Jamie.

"No go mommy" Lexie missed her mum so much and it pained her to leave again.

"Baby you have to the hour is over" Maya explained as she crouched down and ran her hands through her hair.

"No go" Lexie latched onto Maya's clothing holding on for dear life.

"Bella let go of mommy" Lexie shook her head.

"How about mama brings you to mommy tomorrow?" Lexie's attention is hooked at those words.

"Tomorrow?" She asked.

"Yes Bella in the morning" Lexie let go of Maya's jumper and kissed the blondes cheek.

"See you tomorrow mommy" Maya smiled at her daughter before watching her leave, her hand holding onto Carinas.

Andrew was back to pick them up and Carina couldn't be more thankful for her brother.

The kids were waiting with Bailey by the car, Andrew wanted to say hi to his nephew.

"Thanks again Andrea" Carina kissed Andrews cheek.

"it's alright" Andrew caught sight of Jamie struggling to walk out of the room.

"Woah buddy" Andrew managed to catch Jamie before he fell.

"Jamie bello?" Carina asked seeing Jamie's eyes closed.

"He might be dehydrated" Maya said after she leapt of our bed.

"I'll push the emergency button" Maya said before she ran back into the room to push the emergency on call button.

"You'll be ok" Andrew leant down and placed a kiss to Jamie's forehead.

Nurses rounded the corner not expecting to see a little boy slumped against Andrews arms.

"What happened?" One nurse asked as she called for a stretcher and checked Jamie's pulse.

"He was trying to walk and then my brother caught him when he suddenly fell" the nurse nodded.

"He might be dehydrated how are his fluids looking?" She asked as she took Jamie from Andrew and placed him onto a stretcher.

"They were quite low but he was doing better with his fluids" Maya explained.

"We'll do some scans to see what's going on" the nurse said before wheeling Jamie down the hall.

Both Maya and Carina followed the nurse and their son as well as Andrew.

AN:

😭😭