Chapter 13: Close call Pt2

Both POV:

I was stood there waiting, for my girlfriend to get out of that ambulance, I wanted to be there for her kiss her touch her. "Ok people they're here" she heard Dr Bailey tell them, "25 year old female fell through the roof of the attic at a house fire trying to save a little boy and into some pretty bad flames, breathing isn't the best, and I think she's broken hip one and two" she heard the paramedic say, but to be completely honest she wasn't listening to her, she was watching Maya, as she frantically searched everywhere for Carina. When Maya was taken out of the ambulance she started to search she sat up and looked around for her girlfriend, "Bella it's ok I'm here I've got you" she then heard in her favourite Italian voice. This made the blonde finally relax and lay back down in the bed. She had quite a lot of doctors on her due to how important she was, everyone pretty much knew her. "Ok put her into trauma room 1" Carina heard Owen instruct as she wheeled her in and placed her on the stretcher. "Ah ah Carina you can't go in there" she heard Owen tell her as he stopped her from entering, "it's alright Maya needs her in there" she heard Bailey stick up for her and say, "why?" He asked obviously not knowing they were together, "she's my girlfriend" she said before pushing past him and walking into the trauma room. "Ok Maya we see that you've twisted your ankle pretty badly do you want pain meds or can you deal with the pain?" Teddy asked knowing her friend was quite brave, "no meds just do it" she replied, "Bambina are you sure?" Carina asked concerned for her girlfriend. "It's alright babe I'll be fine, I can take the pain" she told her realising Carina didn't know this side of her that much yet, due to her father she was pushed to the limit, so she learnt how to deal with pain. "Ok someone page Ortho" Amelia instructed as she did a check up on Maya's communication and sight, making sure she didn't take any brain damage when she fell. "Ok hi Maya I'm going to reset you ankle now are you ready?" The woman asked getting ready to place her ankle back. "Mhm" she said biting into the cloth Teddy had given her. When Carina heard the crunch notifying them that they had put her ankle back in its right position, she saw her girlfriend buck her hips and scream into the cloth, breaking Carina's heart even more. "Well done it's ok look at me Maya...you did so good Bella" she praised the blonde, stroking her hair, noticing that it always calmed her down. "Ok I want to take her up to head Ct and get that brain of yours check out" Amelia told them wanting to make sure she made no damage to her head. "I also want a scan of those ribs" she heard Teddy say as they made their way out of the room with Maya being wheeled on the stretcher. It was now an hour later and Maya was fast asleep in her room, they had given her some pain meds for her ribs. Carina was sat in a chair next to the blonde whilst she slept, stroking her hair and kissing her hands. "Mhmm" she heard her girlfriend moan looking over to see Maya starting to wake up, "shh shh baby it's ok, do you want some water?" She asked sensing that the blondes throat was quite dry. "Yes please" she rasped out not recognising her own voice. "Normally I would say your pretty hot when your raspy, but this is a bit different" the brunette giggled making Maya also let out a raspy giggle. "Come here" she heard the blonde say before she moved over a little making room for the Italian to get into bed with her. Carina obeyed and got comfy with her girlfriend snuggling into her side and smelling her scent, even tho she kind of smelled like burnt smoke, she still felt like home. "Oh shit what about Jamie" she asked worrying about how he was going to get home, "shh it's ok Bella i got it covered Jack sad he will pick him up after his shift" she said hearing the blonde sigh relieved she had the friends she did. "Thank you" she told the brunette before kissing her forehead softly, "your welcome Bella" she replied nuzzling herself deeper into Maya. "So I guess I'll be off work for a while huh?" She heard Maya ask breaking the comfortable silence. "Yes baby about 4 weeks, they can't have a firefighter at work with broken hips" she told her feeling sorry that one thing Maya loved the most was being taken away for 4 weeks. "Ugh" the blonde huffed hating having time off work, "you'll have to take care of me then" she added smirking down at her girlfriend. "In what way?" Carina asked knowing what the blonde meant. "Mhm I was thinking lots and lots of cuddles and lots and lots of sex" she stated smiling even wider and raising her eyebrows, "Sì I always know how to make you feel good" she whispered seductively nibbling on the skin of her ear. "Mhmmm" was all she could get out, she was thinking about turning around to reciprocate the kisses she was receiving but forgot about her ribs, "ouch" she said rolling onto her back again. "Ooo Bella that hurts?" She asked knowing her girlfriend had a breaking point for pain, "just a tad yea" she replied sighing and wanting more contact with her girlfriend, "I just wanted a kiss" she heard her girlfriend confess pouting and giving her adorable puppy dog eyes. The brunette obeyed and leant the little bit of space she needed to, to attach their lips together kissing her softly thankful the fire didn't go any other way.