Chapter 23: Dad...?

Both POV:

Both women were at Carina's house, the brunette had decided to cook a nice meal for Maya and her son. "Does Jamie like chopped up Carrot?" She asked finding out new things about the small boy everyday. "Yea he pretty much likes anything, he's not fussy" the blonde responded standing up to walk into the kitchen with the brunette. "Ugh omg babes this smells so good" she moaned whilst wrapping her toned arms around her girlfriend. "Thank you Bella" she responded turning around slightly to kiss the blonde. "Hmmmm and you taste amazing" the blonde moaned as she leaned in further to get a better taste, "Bella... I need to... finish dinner" she said in between kisses, "mmmm ok fine" the blonde huffed before pulling away from the brunette. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door, " I got it babe, you need to cook remember" the blonde said smirking at the Italian. When she opened the door she was met with what looked like an elderly man, wearing a hat and a black jacket. "Can I help-" Maya started before she got rudely interrupted by the man. "Your not my daughter! Carina" he shouted walking into the girls apartment not caring if she was busy or not. " Papa!" She exclaimed shocked her father was here, "Cosa stai facendo qui?" (What are you doing here) she asked confused as to why her father was currently in her apartment and not in Italy. "I came to take you back with me" he said making his way into the kitchen, "I'm sorry what!" Both women exclaimed at the same time. "Your coming back to Italy with me" he stated "no papa I'm not" she told him turning the stove off so she could have a proper conversation with the older man. Maya couldn't believe what she was hearing, she didn't even know about her father, Carina never really mentioned him and she knew there must have been a good reason for it and obviously...there was. All she heard was shouting in Italian and the occasional English, "I'm just going to take Jamie into Carina's room, the blonde told both of them but mainly Carina. She didn't want Jamie to listen to all the shouting knowing that that's what Mason and his ex girlfriend used to all the time, not wanting him to relive that. "Sì ok Bella just give me 10 minutes and my father will be gone" she told her girlfriend whilst giving her father a stern look.
Carina watched her girlfriend go into her room and started pacing her apartment, "Papa you can't just barge into my home and expect me to come back to Italy with you, I have a life here my family is here" she told him getting angry at her father. "But Carina your real family is in Italy, and what do you have here that you can't fine in Italy huh?" He asked crossing his arms, "well for starters I can go and visit family, and secondly I have a girlfriend here and I'd very much like to stay for her" she finished pointing to the door Maya had escaped to. "She's not important Carina you can find someone else in Italy" he replied not caring what he said at this point. Maya heard what her girlfriend had said about her and smiled, but then she heard what her father said, and it broke her heart, she always knew Carina was too good, she was almost scared everyday she'd find someone else and run off with them leaving the blonde alone. Maya couldn't take it anymore though so she placed the little boy down on the bed and made her way into the living room, "I'm going to have to ask you to leave now please" she said as she started to escort the man out, "you can't tell me what to do!" The man shouted, "I can when your upsetting my girlfriend" she stated pushing him out into the hallway, "thanks for coming" she smiled before slamming the door in his face. She turned around and what she saw broke her heart even more. "Awww baby come on don't cry" she said making her way over to the brunette sitting next to her and pushing her down so she was laying on her back, and then scooting in next to her so the Italians head was on her chest. "Breath for me babe" she soothed running her hands through her curly brown locks. "Shh bubba it's alright" she said placing a soft kiss onto her forehead. Carina tried to calm down she really did but she was just so infuriated with her father, who did he think he was to interrogate her like that? "Ok sit up" the blonde said pulling the brunette up into a sitting position, with her back up against the arm of the couch. "Ok look at me, eyes only on me and copy what I'm doing" she instructed taking deep breaths resting her forehead against the brunettes so she could feel her warm breath against her skin. "That's it keep breathing for me babe" she said relieved that she was able to calm her girlfriend down. The sobs finally stopped and her breathing was even, the Italian slouched down into the couch and curled up into a ball. "Mommy?" She heard a voice say as she saw Jamie walk into the living room and climb onto the couch all by himself. "Hi baby" she said giving his head a soft kiss. "Rina been rying? He asked crawling past Maya and into the gap between the sofa and Carina. "I'm ok Bambino" she said pulling him close to her body kissing his head. The boy didn't reply, he just nuzzled closer to the brunette playing with her necklace. Maya's heart swelled at the sight, Jamie is such a sweetheart she thought standing up to take a sneaky photo of the two. "Ok bambino up we get I prepared a nice dinner for us and I'd like to eat it before I fall asleep. She giggled getting up off of the sofa, kissing her girlfriend on the cheek "thank you Bella I love you so much and I'm not leaving, not without you" she told her reassuring her, "I love you too and good because I don't thing Jamie would let you go without attempting to get in your suitcase" she replied making both women chuckle. "Ok buddy let's go eat" the blonde told the little boy before holding her hand out for him to hold.