Chapter 61: Close your eyes and think of me

Both POV:

Both Maya and Carina had difficult jobs, that wasn't unknown, but at times when they really needed to be doing something other than working, time always had other plans.

"Hi my gorgeous boy-" Maya started, as she made her way into Jamie's room for the first time that day, almost taking a seat next to him, until her work phone started to ring.

5 alarm.

"Ugh ok, Jamie sweetheart I'll be back later, mommy's being called for an emergency" the blonde explained, earning a panicked look from the brunette.

Maya spotted the look of fear in her wife's eyes, and quickly made her way over to her, leaning down so she was level with the brunette.

"I'll be as safe as I can babe, close your eyes and think of me" she whispered, before placing a soft kiss to Carinas lips, as she leant their foreheads against each other, something that comforted them both.

I love you"

"Bye mommy" Jamie called out.

"I love you both"

****
Maya's POV:

Maya ran as fast as she could to the station, she arrived at the station shortly after she left the hospital, it only took the blonde about 5 minutes considering her speed.

"Bishop hurry" Dean called from his position in the passenger seat.

Maya grabbed her uniform and geared up, placing her helmet in between her armpits whilst pulling herself onto the truck with her other hand.

They arrived at the scene shortly after they set off, many members of station 23 were already at the scene.

This was a high profile scene, all hands were on deck for this one.

All firefighters were quickly out of the truck and into action.

Maya was the captain which meant that she was only meant to hand out orders and control the scene as best she could by observing every part of the disaster.

However, this call was too high profile for the blonde not to get involved.

She needed to help, she made her way over to the chief that had been called to take over this call and asked him for permission.

"Sir would it be acceptable for me to take part in this call? I feel as though the team needs as much help as they need for this one" She asked, whilst following behind him as he yelled out orders to his team.

"Good idea Bishop, I can take everything from here, round up your team and get them ready to go"

"Thank you sir"

"Ok team this is a big call" Maya started, as the rest of the crew surrounded her: listening intently at the instructions being ordered.

"Hughes and Miller make your way to the back of the hotel and see what we're dealing with" the two ran off as instructed.

"Gibson and Warren attach the hoses and start getting some water on this thing"