Chapter 21: Emily...?

Carina's POV:

It was a normal day for the doctor at the hospital, signing charts, doing check ups, the one or two surgeries she got paged to do. But little did she know she'd be getting a patient she recognised and knew. Carina made her way up to the nurses station, picking up a chart from the desk and reading it, her eyes scanned the paper until they stopped... and came across a very familiar name *Richardson* she read for what felt like the 20th time, no it's couldn't be could it? She asked herself thinking that the pregnant woman would have been admitted to a different hospital due to the hospital fire that happened. She made her way over to the waiting room, and when she saw her that's all she needed to confirm that she was right. "Hiii oh it's so nice to see you" the woman told her standing up looking heavily pregnant. "You look surprised" she said giggling at the doctors facial expression. "Well that's because I am, I never would have thought you would come back after what happened with the fire and your... husband" she told her tilting her head slightly in sympathy for the single mother. "Ex husband" she corrected smiling softly at the brunettes sympathetic head tilt, "ahhh I'm glad to hear" she replied. "Ok if you'd like to follow me I'll have a look and see how your...?" she asked not knowing if she knew what she was having yet. "Boy" she answered smiling softly as she followed the Italian doctor stroking her stomach. "Ahhhh I'm so happy for you, are you happy with that?" She asked knowing some women preferred to have a little girl, "Yh I'm happy I just hope he doesn't end up like his father" she said sitting down on the examination bed leaning her head on the pillow. "No no that will never happen you will make sure of it" she replied grabbing the scanner from the other side of the room, and bringing it over to Emily. "So how have you been since... you know?" She asked not wanting to mention the fire anymore but intrigued on how she's been. "Ahhh Sì this may sound mental but that day was actually the best day ever for me" she stated grabbing the jelly, lifting the woman's top up to place some of the cold liquid on her stomach. "How so?" She asked confused as to what she meant. "Well you know the fire woman that gave me her mask and jacket...?" She asked hoping the woman remembered. "Ahhh yes her, I'm sorry but I think any one would remember a beauty such as herself" she replied smiling at the doctor. "Well she's my girlfriend, she has been for about 4 months now, and if it wasn't for what your husband did I never would have met her" she told Emily being carful with her choice of words to describe how grateful  she was. "ahhhhhh that's so great I'm so happy for you...Carina was it?" She asked not wanting to say the wrong name. "Sì"
"Ok, your bambino looks very good, healthy, normal heart rate" she continued as she scanned the woman's stomach. "Oh thank God" she sighed using a tissue to wipe away some of the jell still on her stomach. "I will want you back in for a regular check up in about 4 weeks but if anything bad happens come in straight away. She told her watching as Emily got up from the hospital bed and waddled to the door "Carina... thank you again" she told the brunette before walking out and leaving the room.