Chapter 31: It has to be perfect

Carina's POV:

It was a Saturday Carina had made plans with Teddy to go shopping. She was looking forward to going out with the blonde and to buy some new clothing items, exited for Maya to see her in them. She met the blonde at the Mall waving at her as she came over. "Hi teddy" she said giving the woman a hug, "hiii how have you been? It's been so busy lately I haven't seen you in a while" she said as they started to walk further into the shopping centre. "Sì I've been good... and yourself?" She asked wondering how her and her relationship with Owen was going. "I've been good I guess it's stressful having a boyfriend that you want to trust but can't" she finished, explaining everything they had been through. "Ahhh well I don't know the man too well, but I do know that he puts his mind to everything he wants" she said looking at the blonde, "that is true" she replied looking at the ground fiddling with her fingers. "Ok... where too first?" Teddy asked changing the subject, "clothes" the brunette responded quickly pulling the blonde into the nearest lingerie shop. "Oh wow" the blonde gasped looking at all the different kinds of panties and bras. "Sì Maya loves this shop" she said giggling softly at the reactions she had gotten in the past from the lingerie she bought here. "I might have to buy something" Teddy responded as she started to look around, "Sì you should it's not too expensive either" she added also starting to have a look around the shop. Once they had finished in that shop, both coming out with something, they made their way to a hotdog cart. "I'm so hungry, I purposely didn't eat just for the occasion" the blonde said as she rubbed her stomach. "Ahhh Sì ok we can get something" the brunette responded having a look at the menu. After both women picked what they wanted, they started to eat. "So how are you and Maya?" The blonde asked after a moment of silence, "oh so good" she replied blushing at the thought of her girlfriend. "That's so good Carina I'm so happy for the both of you" she said smiling at how gone the brunette was. As they both continued to talk about the past few months and the busy surgeries at work, a very familiar voice spoke to them, "heyyy guys" they both heard as they looked up to see Amelia with Zola and the two other children Bailey and Eli's. "Amelia hi" Carina said happy to see the brunette, embracing her in a tight hug, as the blonde did the same. "What brings you too here?" She asked pulling the children closer obviously sensing the little ones were nervous. "I needed a break" Teddy responded signing heavily, "ahhh I see" she replied. "Nice to meet you again Zola" the brunette said holding her hand out for the little girl to shake, "your too Dr Deluca" she said smiling up at the older woman. "Oh don't be silly call me Carina" she said smiling back at the adorable young girl. "Alright well it was nice seeing you both, catch you at the hospital?" She asked wanting to see them again, "Sì Sì of course bye Amelia" the Italian replied waving as she turned around and started to make their way out of the mall. "Ok let's do some more shopping shall we?" Teddy finally spoke standing up and this time taking Carina to a shop she wanted to go too but didn't expect the blonde to do it for her. "Rings?" She asked confused as to why they were now in a wedding ring shop, "mhm pick one" she said. "Excuse me?" she asked now completely confused, furrowing her eyebrows and looking the blonde in the eye. "Oh come on Carina you love her, if you love her you want to marry her and spend everyday with her" she said making the brunette now understand what her intentions were, "but isn't it a bit too soon?" She asked not wanting to rush things but desperately but also wanting to put a ring on her girlfriends finger immediately. "No way I've seen the way you both look at each other, if that isn't love then I don't know what is, I only wished for Owen to look at me like that, your both very lucky" she finished smiling softly at the brunette. "Well then I guess there's nothing stopping me" she replied earning a squeal from the blonde as she clasped her hands together in joy. They had a little look around the shop, either nodding or shaking their heads. "Omg this one" she finally spoke taking a closer look at the ring, "it screams Maya" she added whilst she Teddy called someone over to take the ring out so the brunette could have a proper look. "I love this one" she gasped once she saw the ring out of the case, "how much?" She asked desperately wanting this ring, "that will be $1.500 please mam" the man said smiling politely at the woman. "Si ok do you take card?" She asked grabbing her purse from her hand bag, "we do indeed" he answered leading them over to the till. After Carina purchased the ring, she said her goodbyes to the blonde and made her way home, wanting to hide the ring and pick out an outfit for a romantic evening she was soon to ask the blonde out on. This was it she was going to ask Captain Maya Bishop to be her wife....

Yayyyyy finally