deep trouble 2

The Volkswagen TARDIS materialized in their destination. The TARDIS team were now miles and miles deep in the ocean. Nova was off fetching wetsuits for all of them to wear. Meanwhile, The Doctor was handing out little tubular devices to Rose and Tate.

"What are these for?" Rose asked, eyeing the small device.

"These will allow you to breath underwater" The Doctor explain. "You put them on your nose just like this" He demonstrated. After he did so, Rose and Tate put theirs on as well.

"I can't believe it" Tate exclaimed in amazement. "We're now deep in the Mariana Trench, about to enter the ancient underwater city of Azura"

"Inhabited by a bunch of fish people" Rose added. Sure, she's seen cat nurses, but something about fish people just makes her shudder. "Makes me wonder what the Atlanteans look like"

"Like normal people" The Doctor answered quickly. "Well, as normal as can be. I mean, they do breath underwater without the need of gills"

"Do you think we could see Atlantis one day?" Tate asked. "I mean, we're seeing one underwater city already"

"Atlantis is almost as hard to find as Themyscira" Nova stated when she walked in on the conversation. She was already wearing her wetsuit, and had the other three in hand. "Here's the wet suits. Just put them on over your clothes. They'll keep your body temperature regulated" She handed them out to the others and they quickly put them on. The Doctor gave Nova her breathing apparatus. She put it on.

Rose's eyes gleamed at the mention of Themyscira. Atlantis she's heard of, but Themyscira? "What's Themyscira?"

Nova grinned at Rose. "It's an island in the Mediterranean Sea. It was created by Zeus, and is home to the Amazons, which is a warrior race consisting of all women. The island is protected by a barrier which hides it from the rest of the world"

"An island of just women" Rose clicked her tongue. "Sounds like a good vacation spot after a break up"

"Anyways, that's enough about Themyscira" Nova said with a wave of her hand. "Let's bring our focus back to Azura. We're here because the Icthyo Sapiens need our help"

The TARDIS team stepped out of the Volkswagen TARDIS. Thankfully, no water actually got inside of it. What they were greeted to was a brightly lit, underwater city which was something quite remnant to Paris. It was a stark contrast to the darkness of the trench which surrounded the city.

"Oh, wow!" Tate's mouth gaped open at the marvelous sight in front of him. "Look at this place! You think, the many expeditions that marine biologists undertake in the Mariana Trench and they have no idea that a place like this exists"

"Hiding in plain sight" The Doctor said. "The best way not to be found"

"The Time Lords! They have arrived!" A voice announced. An Icthyo Sapien approached. Rose and Tate quickly recognized him as the same one who sent the distress call. "I give you my greetings and welcome you to Azura. I am called Abraham. Now tell me, which one is The Doctor? And which one is The Nightingale?"

"I'm The Doctor" He smiled and waved. "Hello!"

"And The Nightingale would be me" Nova introduced. "Or, Nova for short"

Abraham nodded and blinked his bulgy black eyes before turning his attention to the companions. "And who might your friends be?"

"We'd be Tate Peltzer" Tate pointed to himself then pointed to Rose. "And Rose Tyler"

"And if you were wondering, yes we're human" Rose informed. "You probably don't get many of those down here"

"Humans?" Abraham scoffed in disgust. "We have done our best for many years to keep humans away from our beautiful city. All humans are good for is polluting the ocean which we call our home, and hurting the many species that we call our friends"