rise of the cybermen 5.4

Tate and his own father ended their hug. Tate had a wide smile and he turned to The Doctor and Nova. "Doctor, Nova, I'd like you to meet my father, Kenneth Peltzer" Tate introduced.

Kenneth held out his hand with a smile. "Pleasure to meet you both. Please, call me Ken" Ken shook The Doctor's hand, and then he shook Nova's hand. "Nova, is it?" Ken asked, to which Nova nodded. "You look an awful lot like my boss. You also have her name. The only difference between you two is the hair colour"

"It's, er, nice to meet you too, Ken" Nova said, side eyeing Tate. He's never mentioned his father. 

"Very nice meeting you, Ken" The Doctor started. It was starting to feel awkward so he excused himself. "I'm going to go find a laptop. Would you like to come with me, Supernova?" He offered but Nova shook her head.

"No, I think I'll stay" Nova answered. She smiled, looking between Tate and Ken. The two of them seemed so happy to see each other. "Get to know Ken, a little bit more"

"Alright. We'll meet up in about an hour, okay?" The Doctor said, looking between his love and his companion. The two of them nodded. The Doctor then went off, but not without leaving a kiss to Nova's forehead.

"Now," Nova began with a sigh. "I have questions. Why don't we find somewhere quiet?"

______

Rose watched as Jackie talked and laughed with the President. Pete came up to Rose. "I remember her twenty first" Rose looked at him. "Pint of cider in the George"

"Sorry. Champagne?" Rose offered as she held the tray in front of him.

"Oh, might as well. I'm paying for it" Pete and Rose both let out a laugh. Pete took a glass and took a sip from it.

"It's a big night for you"

"For her" Pete motioned towards Jackie. "Still, she's happy"

"She should be. It's a great party"

"Do you think?"

Rose held up a thumb and smiled, imitating Pete's ad. "You can trust me"

"You can trust me on this" Pete correctected her.

"That's it, sorry" The two of them laughed again. "So, how long have you two been married?"

"Twenty years"

"And no kids, or?"

"We kept putting it off. She said she didn't want to spoil her figure"

"It's not too late. She's only forty"

"Thirty nine"

"Oh, right. Thirty nine" They laughed again.

"It's still too late. I moved out last month, but we're going to keep it quiet. You know, it's bad for business" Pete was silent for a moment. He started to stare at Rose. "Why am I telling you all this? We haven't met before, have we? I don't know, you just seem sort of..."

"What?"

"I don't know. Just sort of right" Pete looked away from Rose, and across the room. Someone else caught his attention. "Stevie! How's things? How's it going at Torchwood?" Pete walked away.

______

Nova, Tate and Ken all sat outside. She had just finished explaining the circumstances to Ken. He was staring at the ground, trying to process all that he just heard. "So, you two, The Doctor, and this Rose girl are all from another universe?" He asked. He pointed at Nova. "And you and The Doctor are Time Lords, and you travel in something called a Tardis?"