the idiot's lantern 7.1

For their next trip, the Tardis team travelled to the nineteen fifties. Rose and Tate stepped out of the Tardis first. Rose was dressed in a pink dress with a blue jacket and pink heels. Her hair was tied back and she had a pink headband wrapped around her head. Tate was dressed in a white t-shirt and black jeans, wearing a zipped up black leather jacket and black sneakers. His hair was slicked back, save for one strand that hung in front of his forehead. "I thought we'd be going for the Vegas era, you know the white flares and the, grr, chest hair" Rose thought out loud.

The Doctor stuck his head out of the Tardis. His hair was styled in a Teddy Boy quiff. "You are kidding, aren't you? You want to see Elvis, you go for the late fifties. The time before burgers. When they called him the Pelvis and he still had a waist" Rose and Tate looked at each other and started to laugh. "What's more, you see him in style"

There was the sound of two scooters revving their engines. Both The Doctor and Nova came out of the Tardis, both of them riding on a Scooter. The both of them were wearing crash helmets, except The Doctor's was white, and Nova's was pink. The Doctor was also wearing a pair of shades. "Ta-da!" Nova smiled. She was still dressed in her usual attire, with the exception of her hair. It was pulled back in an updo with two large curls secured at the top of her head. The two Time Lords put their scooters to a stop. "What do you think?" Nova asked, giving the scooter she was on a tap. "Pretty groovy, right?"

"Those are some pretty rad scooters" Tate agreed.

"Good" Nova got off the scooter. She grabbed another white helmet and gave it to Tate. "Because that one is yours and Rose's" 

"Here" The Doctor grabbed another pink helmet. He threw it in Rose's direction, and she caught it. 

"Thanks" she nodded at him before putting the helmet on. Tate had gotten his helmet on as well, and he climbed onto the scooter Nova was driving before. Rose climbed on after him. She wrapped her arms securely around his waist.

"You going my way, doll?" The Doctor said to Nova as she climbed on the scooter with him.

"Is there any other way to go, daddy-o?" Nova responded, wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Straight from the fridge, man" Rose chimed in, sending a wink in Nova's direction.

Nova looked at her and quirked her eyebrow with a smile. "Look at you, Rose. Speaking the lingo"

"Oh well, me, mum, Cliff Richard movies every Bank Holiday Monday"

"Ah, Cliff. I knew your mother'd be a Cliff fan" The Doctor added. They all rode off down the street. The Doctor and Nova led the way as Tate and Rose followed behind.

"Where are heading, anyways?" Tate yelled over the roaring of the scooters.

"Ed Sullivan TV Studios. Elvis did Hound Dog on one of the shows. There were loads of complaints. Bit of luck, we'll just catch it"

"And that'll be TV studios in, what, New York?" Rose asked.

"That's the one" A red London bus drove past the end of the street. The four of them pulled up by a red post box. A lot of Union Flag bunting was seen strung between the houses.

"Ha! Digging that New York vibe!"

Tate laughed with Rose. "Yeah, so am I"

"Well, this could still be New York. I mean, this looks very New York to me" The Doctor said. He looked around. "Sort of Londony New York, mind"

"What's with all the flags?" Tate wondered.

______

The Tardis team decided to take a walk around the street. They walked up to a van where a television set was being delivered from the back of it. "There you go" a man, named Magpie said, handing the television to a couple of boys. "All wired up for a great occasion"