new earth 1.1

Nova stood at the console of her TARDIS. She pressed different buttons, and pulled different levers. Tate Peltzer, her faithful companion, watched with intrigue.

"Where are we going today, Nova?" he wondered aloud.

"Well," she started. She turned to look at him and placed her hands on her waist. "I figured we get out of the past for a while, and take a trip to the future!"

"Yeah!" Tate agreed with a smile. "Future would be good" 

Nova smiled and ruffled his hair like she always did with him. It was her sign of friendly affection. "Alright. Coordinates are in. Tate, if you could pull that lever for me" She pointed to the aforementioned lever.

Tate gripped it and pulled it down. The familiar whirring noise chimed in his ear. "Exactly how far into the future are we going?"

"How far, you ask?" She hummed. "Well, my dear boy, we're pretty far into the future"

"Yeah, but what year is it?" 

"The best way to find out is to see it for yourself" She opened the door, and her and Tate stepped out of her TARDIS, which also happened to be an old Volkswagen van. 

Tate couldn't believe his eyes. They had materialised across the river from a massive city. Overhead of them were flying cars zooming about. There was also a sweet aroma radiating about. He heard the beeping which indicated that Nova had locked her Volkswagen TARDIS. 

"Nova, this is spectacular. I mean just look at that city!" Tate tilted his head upwards and pointed to the sky. "And look! Flying cars!" 

"And that aroma your smelling? Apple grass"

"Apple grass" he repeated.

"It was the year five billion when the sun expanded and roasted to Earth" Nova jumped right into it, and started moving forward. Tate followed and listened. "Now, it is five billion and twenty three. We're in galaxy M87, and this is New Earth"

"So if this is New Earth" Tate pointed towards the city. "Then what would that make the city?"

"New New York" 

Tate scoffed. "Seriously?"

"Yes!" Nova accentuated her answer with a stomp in her step. "Well, strictly speaking, it's the fifteenth New York"

"So that would make it?" Tate touched his tongue to the roof of his mouth. "New New New New New New New New New New New New New New York?"

Nova smiled. "Bingo!" She tapped her finger against his nose. 

Tate gave her a look of annoyance. "You know I don't like it when you do that, Nightingale"

"Oh, come on! You've such a cute nose for it!" She booped his nose again. "It's like a little button" She giggled. Her expression became more serious when she saw something out of the corner of her eye. "Oh, hello. What is this?" Her curiosity got the best of her and she ran off, leaving Tate behind.

"Oi! Nova!" He started running after her. "Wait for me!"

______ 

The Doctor and Rose Tyler were off on their own adventure. They were on their way to the hospital as the Doctor had gotten a message, asking for them to come. Rose stopped when she spotted something in the corner of her eye. Something that seemed so... out of place.

"Doctor?" The blonde beckoned, garnering the man's attention. "Am I going crazy, or is that an old Volkswagen over there?"

"Well that's not supposed to be here" The Doctor added. He and Rose walked over to it.