deep trouble 1

Rose and Nova were currently in the former's Volkswagen TARDIS. Rose was leaning against the console with her legs crossed, while Nova was sitting crossed legged on the floor. She had a broken trinket in hand and was trying to fix it with both her Sonic screwdriver, and a regular screwdriver. She also had on a weird pair of goggles she liked to wear when fixing things.

"What exactly is it that you're trying to fix?" Rose questioned, with a curious tilt of her head.

"It's just something I found while I was junkyard diving on some planet once" Nova explained, her tongue hanging out of her mouth in concentration.

"And what is it that the thing is supposed to do?"

"We'll find out once I fix it" Nova heard Rose snort. The Time Lady pushed up the goggles onto her forehead and looked up at her blonde companion. "What?"

"You go dumpster diving, and you just take something, and you don't even know what it is you take?"

"Yeah" Rose gave Nova an amused grin. At that moment, The Doctor and Tate walked in, the two of them returning upon a cafe upon Nova's request.

"I've got a croissant for Rose" Tate announced, holding up the brown paper bag he had in hand.

"Yes!" Rose cheered, clapping her hands together. She took the bag from Tate, opened it up, and held it up to her nose. She took a big sniff from the bag. "Mmm. Just smell that. I've always wanted to have a croissant made actually in a cafe in Paris"

Oh yeah, the TARDIS team was stopped over in Paris, France for a little sightseeing trip. The Doctor held up the paper bag he was holding. "And one bran muffin for my Supernova"

"Thank you!" Nova said, taking the bag and pressing a quick peck to The Doctor's lips. She took the muffin out of the bag, and wafted it under her nose. "Just what I needed"

Tate scrunched his nose as he watched the blonde Time Lady take a bite out of the muffin. He never understood the appeal of bran muffins. "Why do you like bran muffins so much, Nova? They're disgusting"

"Bran muffins are brain food" She explained. "And brain food is the best kind of food!"

"Yeah, well, keep that bran muffin away from me while I enjoy my croissant" Rose said through a mouthful of food. She also pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket. "I also have a list of things I'd like to see while we're here"

The Doctor took it from her and began to read it. "Louvre Museum, Arc de Triomphe" He noticed that Eiffel Tower was bolded, underlined, and italicised, emphasizing how important it is that they visit there. "What's so important about the Eiffel Tower that you've had to scribble it differently?"

"Oh, I don't know" Rose started with a shrug, and then grew a smirk. "It's the perfect place for asking specific questions"

"Hmm, and what kind of questions are we planning to ask, Rose?"

"There!" Nova suddenly announced. She held up her newly tinkered bauble. "I'm finally finished it!"

Tate eyed the bauble. "And what exactly is it supposed to be?"

"Well, if I tinkered with it correctly, hopefully it'll be an Infinity Stone detector" Nova explained. "I figured, since the stones could be anywhere, we'd have a little help with this thing. If we're close by to one of the stones, it'll hopefully start glowing the color of whatever stone is nearby"

"Remind me again what color these stones are" Rose asked.

"I can answer this one!" The Doctor said. "I've been doing a lot of reading on them" He flashed a smile in Nova's direction and then began to list off the stones. "The Space Stone is blue, the Mind Stone is yellow, the Reality Stone is red, the Power Stone is purple, the Time Stone is green, and the Soul Stone is orange"