new earth 1.2

The Doctor, Nova, Rose, and Tate entered the hospital. "Bit rich, coming from you" Rose commented on a remark the Doctor said.

"I can't help it. I don't like hospitals. They give me the creeps" he responded.

"Y'know what gives me the creeps?" Nova asked, causing her three friends to look at her. "Graveyards. Can't stand 'em. I always think an arms gonna pop out from the ground and grab my ankle"

"No more zombie movies for you, then" Tate stated.

An announcement was made. "The Pleasure Gardens will now take visitors carrying green or blue identification cards for the next fifteen minutes. Visitors are reminded that cuttings from the gardens are not permitted"

"Very smart. Not exactly NHS" Rose said.

"No shop. I like the little shop" The Doctor mused.

"Me too" Nova agreed.

"If there's a cafeteria here, the food better not be complete rubbish" Tate said.

"I thought this far in the future, they'd have cured everything" Rose wondered out loud.

"The human race moves on" The Doctor started, while Nova finished for him.

"But so do the viruses" She earned a smile from her fellow Time Lord. "It's an ongoing war"

Rose and Tate were both surprised to see that all the nurses were cats. They both looked at each other with the same expression. "They're cats" Rose exclaimed, pointing at the one that walked by.

"I know!" Tate replied.

"Now, don't stare" The Doctor said, approaching the both of them. "Think what you two look like to them, all pink and yellow" He pointed at a spot behind them. "That's where I'd put the shop. Right there" He made his way to the lift, with Nova walking beside him. Rose and Tate stayed put, watching the two of them.

"Ward 26, thanks" The Doctor announced as he and Nova entered the lift. The lift closed as Rose and Tate were about to get in with them.

"Doctor! Nova!"

"Oops!" Nova exclaimed. She looked at the screen which showed the lift moving upwards. "You guys are too late. We're going up"

"That's alright. There's another lift here" Tate said.

"Ward 26, you two. And watch out for the disinfectant" The Doctor said.

"Watch out for the what?" Rose questioned.

"The disinfectant!"

"The what?"

"The disin--," the Doctor stopped himself. "Oh, you'll find out" He muttered so that only he and Nova could hear.

The other life arrived. Rose and Tate stepped inside it. The two of them looked at each other. "So, do we just..." Tate trailed off.

"I think" Rose nodded. "Ward 26. Thanks" Their screen indicated the lift going downwards. They didn't know that they were meant to be going up.

______

The Doctor and Nova stood side by side in the lift. Green lights went off and a voice spoke over a speaker. "Commence stage one disinfection"

The two of them were drenched in some sort of spray. The Doctor ran his fingers through of hair, as if he were enjoying a shower. Nova held her arms out in front of her and acted as if she was lathering herself up with some soap. Next was the blow dry, which both of them enjoyed. The Doctor opened up his coat, making sure to get in nice and dry. Nova made sure that she got her hair nice and dry, combing her fingers through it.