dinner at lanyon place

The Tardis came to a stop as it reached its destination. They were near a set of apartment buildings near Lanyon Place. Tate didn't yet know that they were stopping to visit his mother.

The Doctor, Nova and Rose both stood around the console. "I've never been to Ireland before" Rose mentioned, making both Time Lords look at her. "And I tell ya, I'm starving! I'm really looking forward to this dinner"

"I'm hoping Deborah made her Irish stew" Nova's tummy rumbled just thinking about it. "Yep. I can smell it now"

"Mmm. Sounds delicious" Rose hummed in approval. She clapped her hands together. "I'll go get Tate"

Rose ran off leaving The Doctor and Nova alone. They stepped closer to each other, filling the empty space between them once occupied by Rose. "Before you meet Deborah, there's somethings you should know about her"

"She's not gonna slap me, is she?" The Doctor asked.

"What?" Nova quirked an eyebrow. "Why would she do that?"

The Doctor scratched the back of his head, something Nova found he did quite often. It was cute. "I have a history with mothers and them slapping me" He thought back to Rose's mother, Jackie.

"Oh, no" Nova shook her head. "No, Deborah's a hugger. She might even end up flirting with you a bit. You're tall, smart, handsome..."

The Doctor smirked at her. "You think I'm handsome?"

"Maybe I do" Nova smiled back at him. "But Deborah might think so too. She's a handsy woman"

______

Rose had found Tate in one of the bedrooms. "Tate?"

"Hi Rose" Tate greeted her. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah. We've just landed"

"Oh" Tate piped as he walked over to Rose. "Where are we adventuring now?"

"Actually, we've stopped for dinner"

"Great. I'm starving" The two of them started walking to console room. "Don't you find that you're always hungry after a trip?"

"Yes!" Rose agreed. "All the time! All that running really drains the energy out of you, which makes you tired as well. Glad the Tardis has a bedroom"

"Me too" The two companions came to the console room to find Nova and The Doctor standing incredibly close to each other laughing, whispering and smiling at one another. "They owe us money"

"That's right, they do" Rose grew a smirk on her face like she was planning something. "We also need to get them to go on a date"

"A date?" Tate repeated. "I don't know. Nova's not really the romantic type"

"Well not with humans, obviously" Rose reasoned. "But those two are Time Lords. They're both the last of their kind. They're meant to be together"

"What are you two whispering about?" The Doctor asked when he and Nova noticed them.

"Nothing, Doctor" Rose denied. "Just how hungry we both are" She sent a discrete wink in Tate's direction.

"Well, come on then" Nova beckoned. The group of four exited the Tardis.

"Where are we having dinner anyways?" Tate wondered. "Parisian cafe in the 1940's? Picnic on the moon?" He narrowed his eyes when he saw the familiar apartment building. "Dinner with my mother. Great"

"Surprise!" Nova cheered as she jazz handed. "Sorry, Tate. Deborah wore me down"

______