deep trouble 4

Atlanna entered the throne room of the castle. She was hoping Moor and Adra would be willing to listen to her. She found the throne room empty. "King Moor? Queen Adra?" She called out, hoping for an answer. "We have a suspect on who might have stolen the stone, and believe me, you'll want to hear it" No answer. She tried again. "Look, I know our people don't get along all that well, but the entirety of the ocean is at stake here. We need to work together!"

"I'm afraid the King and Queen are indisposed at the moment" Atlanna turned around to see Abraham standing there. The way he stared at Atlanna felt rather menacing to her. "However, I can take you to them"

Abraham took a step toward Atlanna, but she took a step back. "Stay away or you'll regret it! I know it was you. The Doctor and Nightingale know as well"

Abraham sighed, but it sounded like he did it out of annoyance, rather than sadness. "I know, and that's why I'll have to dispose of them too, just like I already did their annoying friends and Vulko"

"What did you do to them!?" Atlanna demanded.

"Let's say Rose and Tate will become well acquainted with a Lauqerjaw pretty soon, and Vulko, well, he'll have quite a fiery fate. The same fate you will meet" 

Atlanna drew her trident and pointed it at Abraham. "Come near me, and I'll kill you where you stand"

Abraham tilted his head. "But if you kill me, you'll never find out where your friends are"

Atlanna was about to say something, when something hit her in the head and she fell unconscious. She had been struck in the back of the head by Abraham's accomplice and wife, Aqualine. "My love, I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to strike an Atlantean like that"

Abraham smiled proudly at his wife. "You did wonderful, my dear. Just think of it. Azura and Atlantis under our rule"

Aqualine giggled, wrapping her arms around Abraham's neck. "And don't forget the entire ocean!"

"Yes, there's that too" Abraham picked up Atlanna's trident which had fallen beside him. "I think this tool could come in handy"

______

Nova was on the outskirts of the city where Rose, Tate and Vulko had been searching. She hoped that she could catch them in time, before Abraham could. Nova was fast at finding the secret cavern. It was clear that her friends were there, as the bioluminescent dots were still lit up. Eventually, she reached the end of the cavern where clearer signs of her friends presence were.

There were footprints, and aquamarine had been mined off the wall. Nova had no doubts that was probably Rose's doing. Also, there was a blatantly obvious opening in the wall. Nova pushed down the gem that opened it. "Well, well" Nova muttered to herself as she stepped inside the treasure room. "What do we have here?"

First thing she did, was look down at the sand. She saw footprints and what seemed to be drag marks. Then, she noticed the rock that had been tossed aside. She picked it up and examined it. A strand of blonde hair caught her eye. That had to be Rose's.

"It would seem that Abraham, or someone in cahoots with Abraham, used this rock to knock out Rose, Tate, and Vulko, then they would have had to drag them out of here" Nova summarized to herself. An amulet that was on the ground caught her eye. From it's position, it was clear it fell out of someone's pocket. So, she picked it up and placed it in her own. "Now, where could you three have gone?"

Your friends are in danger...

A rather feminine sounding voice echoed in Nova's head. That was weird. There was no one else here, so where could that voice come from. "Who said that?"