the age of steel 6.1

The Doctor pointed the recharging Tardis power cell at the Cybermen. They all got sent backwards and they were then atomized by the golden energy. "What the hell was that?" Ricky asked.

"We'll have that instead! Run!" The Doctor screamed out. Everybody started running just as some more Cybermen started marching after them. Suddenly, a van pulled up and the woman driving it started honking. The van came to a stop.

"Everybody in!" Mrs. Moore, the woman driving, urged everyone.

Pete tried to make his way back to the house. "I've got to go back. My wife's in there" He tried reasoning. The Doctor stopped him.

"Anyone inside that house is dead. If you want to help, then don't let her die for nothing. You've got to come with us right now"

Pete listened to reason and followed after the others to the van. Moore continued to urge. "Come on! Get a move on!"

Rose stayed put, staring at the house. The Doctor noticed and approached her. "Rose, she's not your mother"

"I know" Rose said. Moore kept on honking. The Doctor and Rose made their way to the van.

"Finished chatting?" Moore quipped as soon as they got in the van. "Never seen a slower getaway in my life!" They drove off, leaving behind a parade of marching Cybermen.

______

Ricky, whom was sitting in the front of the van with Mrs. Moore, turned around in his seat and looked through the window that was there, looking at everyone in the back. He proceeded to question The Doctor. "What was that thing?" He was referring to the power cell.

"Little bit of technology from our home" The Doctor said, glancing over at Nova and flashing her a smile. The two of them were sitting together hand-in-hand. In his free hand, he was holding the power cell.

"It's stopped glowing. Has it run out?" Mickey asked.

"It's on a revitalising loop. It'll charge back up in about four hours" The Doctor stuffed the power cell into an inside pocket of his dress coat.

"Right" Ricky said. "So, we don't have a weapon anymore"

"Yeah, we've got weapons" Jake piped in. He was sitting in the front with Ricky and Moore. "Might not be one of those metal things, but they're good enough for men like him" Jake motioned towards Pete.

"Leave him alone!" Rose barked in Pete's defense. "What's he done wrong?"

"Oh, you know, just laid a trap that's wiped out the Government and left Lumic in charge"

"If I was part of all that, do you think I'd leave my wife inside?" Pete countered.

"Maybe your plan went wrong" Ricky suggested. "Still gives us the right to execute you, though"

"Talk about executions, you'll make me your enemy" The Doctor warned. "And take some really good advice. You don't want to do that"

"That goes for me too" Nova spoke up. "And I really don't want to make enemies today"

"All the same," Ricky continued. "We have evidence that says Pete Tyler's been working for Lumic since twenty point five"

Rose turned her head and looked at Pete. "Is that true?" she asked.

Pete didn't answer, opting instead to look down at the ground. Ricky spoke up again. "Tell them, Mrs. M"

"We've got a government mole who feeds us information. Lumic's private files, his South American operations, the lot. Secret broadcasts twice a week" Moore explained.