the satan pit 9.2

Rose and Tate became rattled at what the Beast had said. It had referred to the both of them by different titles. Rose, the lost girl, and Tate, the brave boy. The two of them gave each other confused glances, before Rose raised the com to her mouth to speak. "Doctor, Nova, what does that mean?"

"Rose, don't listen" The Doctor told her. "That goes for you too, Tate. Don't listen to it"

"What does it mean?" Rose asked again, ignoring The Doctor's request.

"You will die and I will live" the Beast said. The image of the Ood on all the screens was replaced by a roaring horned beast. Everyone jumped a bit at the sudden sight of it.

"What the hell was that?" Danny asked, eyes widened in fright.

"I had that thing inside my head" Toby muttered.

"Doctor, Nightingale, what did it mean?" Rose was still on about it.

"I'd like to know too, please!" Tate demanded, raising his voice a smidge. "Please, tell us!"

"What do we do?" Danny said. "Jefferson?"

"Captain? What's the situation on strategy nine?" Jefferson asked.

"Zach, what do we do?"

"The planet, the orbit, the black hole. Everything's true" Toby was still muttering.

"Captain, report" Jefferson said.

"We've lost pictures, Mister Jefferson" Zach informed him.

"Doctor, how did it know all of--" Rose demanded once more.

"Nightingale, you explain to me right now--" Tate spoke over Rose.

"Did anyone get an analysis?" Ida asked.

Everyone was now speaking over each other. No one get a word in inch wise. The Doctor and Nova looked at each other, the same look of annoyance written upon their face. They needed to put a stop to this commotion. "Stop!" The Doctor tried. No one did. He tried again. "Everyone just stop!"

"Let me try something" Nova said. She sent the high shrill of the feedback through the coms which made everyone stop. "Alright, Doctor. The floor is yours"

"Thank you, Supernova" He smiled at her, before his face turned serious and he addressed everyone else. "You want voices in the dark then listen to mine. That thing is playing on very basic fears. Darkness, childhood nightmares, all that stuff"

"But that's how the Devil works" Danny retorted.

"Or a good psychologist" Nova countered.

"Yeah, but how did it know about my father?" Ida questioned.

"Okay, but what makes his version of the truth any better than mine, hmm?" The Doctor asked. "Cos I'll tell you what I can see. Humans. Brilliant humans. Humans who travel all the way across space, flying in a tiny little rocket right into the orbit of a black hole, just for the sake of discovery. That's amazing! Do you hear me?"

"He's right, you know" Nova agreed with everything The Doctor said. "Amazing, all of you. The Captain, his Officer, his elders, his juniors, his friends. All with one advantage. The Beast is alone. We are not. If we can use that to fight against him--" She was suddenly cut off when the cable to the capsule snapped. The snapped cable fell down into the shaft.

"The cables snapped!" Ida shrieked.

"Get out!" The Doctor yelled. The three of them got out of the capsule. They threw themselves to the ground as alleged miles of steel cable arrives at speed.