Chapter 38

I sat down on the chair next to Adam. It has been two days since the accident and he hasn't even twitched. Leila and I have been here 24/7, afraid to leave his side if he wakes up.

I pull out my phone and it's on 10% and I don't have a charger. The time is 5:49 pm on a Sunday. I leaned back in my chair and sighed. Stress.

Stress of exams. Stress of graduation. Stress over Adam.

"Agh, these chairs are killing my back," Leila says while she stands up. A loud pop rings throughout the room and Leila's eyes grow wide. That adds more stress on my list.

"You can go home for a night if you want. I'll call you if he wakes up." I say, worrying for her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's totally fine. Go home and get some rest." Did she just accept that easily?

"Okay. I would normally reject it but my back is killing me. If he wakes up please call me as soon as you can. And if you need anything call me."

"Leila, please. I'll be fine and I'll call you as I soon as I see Adam's eyes open."

She gathers all of her stuff, says another thanks and leaves. I walk over to my backpack and grab my math binder. I have to make up all the exams I missed on Friday on Monday.

I sit back down in the uncomfortable hospital chair and open up my binder. I start to read through all of the lessons. I have to study things tanging from English to Mathematics. Oh what a joy.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Sky..." I wake up from my sleep to a groggy voice calling for me. "Skyler..."

As soon as I realized who's voice it was my eyes flew open. I glanced over at Adam who's eyes were barely open.

"Oh my gosh! Your awake!" I jump up from my chair, making my books fly, and kneel next to him. I push the hair out off his face and take ahold of his hand.

"Hi..." He says hoarsely. A faint, weak smile appears on his face.

"Hi." I return a smile. "Do you want some water?" I ask, joy shining through. He nods and I get up to fill up a cup with water. I hand him the cup and he takes it with shaky hands. His hands quiver so bad that he spills some water on the floor.

I take the cup back and lean against his freckled lips. He holds my wrist to let me know when to take it away.

"Are you all good?" I ask once he has gulped down more than half the water.

"Yeah thanks," he says, his voice is still rough and scratchy. But I gotta admit, it's hot as hell!

No! Stop that thinking right now!

I get up and put the cup on the counter. I walk back and sit in my chair.

Once I get comfortable Adam tugs at my hand. He pulls me closer to him, eventually our faces are just inches apart.

My heart beat quickens and I know he notices it.

"Lay down next to me."

"Adam, I'm not sure if there is enough room for the both of us." Seriously though, this bed looks smaller than a twin sized one.

"We can make it work," he says with a wink. His wink makes me blush and I realize how gullible I am.

I stand up in defeat and walk around to the other side of the bed. I lay down next to him even though half of my body is falling off the bed. With shaky arms he pulls me closer to him.

"So, what exactly happened? All I remember is driving down the road and then everything went black."

"Um, well you were apparently driving down the road and a truck hit your side of the car. The impact broke some bones and knocked you unconscious. I'm just happy your alive and safe." I say to him.