Chapter 20

{ So Wattpad is finally letting me add media! Also guys thank you for so many reads! It's incredible! 811 reads is just insane! Thank you beautiful peoples of Earth <3 }

"Where have you been? School ended 2 hours ago!"

"Sorry there was a senior meeting after school and Kennedy drove me back. We stopped at McDonalds on the way home though." I say pushing past my father so I can enter the home.

"Why do I not believe you?"

"I don't know but I have a lot of homework soo..."

"I'm heading out to the store. I'll be back in 15," my dad states as he slams the door on his way out. I head upstairs to my room and text Adam to let him know it's all clear.

In about 5 minutes I hear a knock on the front door and I open it.

"Look I'm not interested in your religious stuff okay?" I close the door and wait for Adam to knock. The look on his face was priceless.

"ACCA-SCUSE ME?!? Girl, you better let me in!" I hear from behind the door.

I open the door to see an 'insulted' Adam and it almost makes me pee my pants. I'm already laughing too hard at this! He just stands there with a pouty face until I invite him in.

I show him around the small house by pointing. "The bathroom is over there and this is the living room..." I grab his hand and guide him up the stairs, "and this is a spare room. In here is where you will be sleeping, AKA my bedroom." I walk in and sit down on my twin sized bed. He throws his stuff on the opposite twin sized bed and looks around my room. He glances over each picture and poster but his eyes stop on one specific picture. It's a picture of me and my mom. We were standing in front of a Santa decoration for Christmas. The picture was taken 2 days before Christmas in 2009. Those were the days that I when I could consider myself 100% happy.

"Is that your mother and you?"

"Yep, I was only 9 years old," I say standing back up.

"Aww you were so cute but, I would be lying because you still are cute."

I feel my cheeks start to heat up and I look away from his eyes. He comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my stomach, sending shocks down my spine.

"I thought I told you that you are cute when you blush."

"You did," I say with a smile growing on my face.

"Well, why do you hide it then?" He says, turning me around and grabbing my hands.

"I-I don't know..." I look down, tearing my eyes away from his blue ones.

"Your hiding again," he puts his finger under my chin and forces me to look up.

"Sorry... It's just a habit I guess," I give him a grin.

"We'll have to work on it then," he says while leaning closer to my ear,

"Because you really are cute when you blush."

He kisses my cheek which makes my heart stop and chest tighten. My body stiffens and a chill goes throughout my body.

Adam leans back to stand straight and looks me in the eyes. "See, your already doing better." He shows off his white teeth that are perfectly straight.

"So... What would you like to do?" I ask, hoping that changing the subject will calm my nerves a little bit.

"I think we should play t-" Adam gets cut off by my phone. "Okay the next time your phone interrupts me I'm throwing it out of the window."