Chapter 61

{Heyooo! This chapter is about 200 more words than most chapters so yeahhhhhh. (It's 1491 words) Also, A lot happens and it might break your heart so just be prepared for that. But I hope you still enjoy it... :) }

It's been almost 5 hours since we left the police station. I would normally say that I'm happy that the cops are helping us but I can't say that. I'm still worried sick.

I suddenly jump at the sound of Adam's phone ringing. I watch as he jumps out of his seat and into the kitchen to answer his phone. He does so and puts it in speaker as he heads back to where we were sitting.

"Hello, this is the Holloywood Police Department. Is this Adam Lambert?" The man speaks through the phone.

"Yes sir." It's odd hearing Adam speak so formal all of the sudden. It's a nice change from his casual talk he does around me. Not that there's anything wrong with it but it's different.

"We have information on the call and the text message. It's mostly good news."

"Okay..." Adam looks at me with worry in his eyes. I'm sure I return the same expression.

"By using a tracking system we have found the phones that were used to contact you. The phone that sent you the phone call has been located in Los Angeles. The phone that sent you the text has been located in London."

"Is that... Is that it?" Adam asks cautiously.

"No sir. Both of the phones were located in landfills. That's the bad news part because we can't follow them any further. We need more information to continue this investigation."

"So you need us to come back to the police station?"

"Yes sir. If we could have you come in as soon as possible that would be helpful considering this could be a serious case. But, if you would not like to continue this investigation just tell us and it can be arranged."

What?! I don't want to go down there again! I've already been nervous enough today! Now I have to go back down there and feel judged again! I can't do this!

Adam looks over at me and I shake my head obnoxiously. I mouth the word no a couple of times. Then I make an "x" with my arms to signal that I do not want to go back there today.

Please no. No. No. No. No. No. N-

"Okay sir. We will be back at the station in about an hour. Thank you for the call. We really do appreciate the help," Adam says into the phone. I drop my head on the table and sigh.

"We do our best to help." And with that the police person hung up.

I sit up straight again and glare at Adam. "Why did you tell him we would be back in today?! We could've waited until tomorrow!"

Adam sighs and shakes his head. "I know that you get nervous around people but we need to do this. Skyler, this mystery person basically threatened your life. This is some serious shit. And we need help from the police cause it's not just going to go away. Besides, you've got to get used to people somehow."

I sit back in the seat and think about what he said. I mean this is a serious situation. And I guess I have to get used to people somehow.

"Am I right..?" Adam asks with a smirk, as he stands up.

"I hate you." Aka: you're always right.

"You love me," he says as he holds out his hand for me.

"Barely," I reply with an eye roll. I try to look annoyed but it quickly turns into a giggle considering I can't act worth shit.

^v^v^v^v^v^v^

"Okay, do you two have any enemy's that you know of?" The man that "interrogated" us from earlier asks.

I look at Adam and shake my head. I know a few people that might hate me but I don't think they would blackmail me and threaten my life.

"No sir."

"Okay, how about any ex's? I know you've gone through a break up recently." The man points at Adam and he shrugs.

"I did. I broke up with Sauli Koskinen but, I don't think he would do something like that. I mean, we are still friends." Adam states.

"You're what?" I say a little too loudly. "Adam, he cheated on you. How can you still trust him?"

"I-I... I don't know but I do. I guess I would be considered his friend though. He hasn't talked to me at all since that day."

I look down at my fingers wondering if I should tell him. I take a deep breath as I decide to do what's right. "When you got in that car wreck I went to the hospital as soon as I found out. When I got there Sauli was walking into your room. When I finally entered your room, Sauli was sitting next to your bed and holding you hand. Your mom yelled at him and when he turned around, he had tears in his eyes. I remember feeling bad for him but I didn't know why. And now I know... He still cared about you."

"What?! Why didn't you tell me this?! What the hell Skyler?!" Adam yells, anger flowing in his voice.

"I'm gonna leave," the interviewer says. He quickly stands up and leaves the room.

"I didn't tell you because I totally forgot because I was so worried about you," I lied. I've actually pondered in telling him but I figured that it was so long ago that it wasn't worth it.

After that Adam goes quiet. He holds his head in his hands and sits quietly. I know he's thinking too hard about something.

"Skyler... He called me about a month ago. He told me that he loved me and he wanted to get back together. I couldn't reply because I didn't know how to. I hate him but... I still love him." He admits. He lays his head in his arms.

"W-wait... You still love him? He cheated on you! He tore your heart out and practically stomped on it!"

"I know!" Adam cries out and takes in a deep, staggered breath. "I know. I thought I just hated him fully but that night when he called me something changed. He explained how stupid he was and he said so many things to get me back and..." He let's out more staggered breaths and I know he's holding back tears. I take his hand in mine. I give it a squeeze to reassure him.

"And I felt this odd feeling in my stomach. I felt butterflies like the first time I met him. I was happy that he wanted to get back together and I realized that I still loved him. I'm sorry." With the last two words his voice broke and he finally let go of the tears.

"It's okay. I understand where you're coming from." My heart just shattered. He wants to get with Sauli again. I know that I can't stop him now. I feel a tear roll down my cheek as I realize where I went wrong.

I'm just Adam's rebound. I'm just here to help Adam feel better. I'm just here to comfort him. But I fell for him. And I thought he fell for me as well. But I guess I'm wrong.

That's all I do. I help others and I forget to help myself. I always put others before myself.

I watch as the interrogator cautiously walks back I'm and I take my hand away from Adam's. The rest of the interview is just a blur. I don't listen to anything. I just zone in on the walls around us. I observe the many holes and spots the bricks have. I then realize that the bricks have been painted over, hiding their imperfections. Who would've guessed that I would be able to connect with a wall better than other humans.

It's like me. I've got so many scars on my stomach. I've got spots of sadness and holes in my confidence. But I hide it. I cover it with an extra layer of clothes and makeup. I hide it with a fake smile that I've worn for most of my life.

That toothless grin I've become too familiar with. But then it faded when I met Adam. I found a source of happiness but it's gone now. I've lost him. I've lost myself.

Before I know it we are finally leaving. I vaguely remember Adam telling them something about Sauli. I bet his eyes lit up when he talked about him. I thought they did that for me aswell.

{AWWW IM SORRY IT ENDED SO SAD. BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER IS REALLY INTENSE SO GET READY!!}