Chapter 66

Adam's POV

"Um excuse me," I ask the lady behind the counter in the police station.

"Please hold," she says as she sticks her finger in my face.

"But this is serious. I have inf-"

"I said please hold. If you don't want to hold then leave," she says in a nasty tone.

"Fine." With that I turn on my heel and smash into someone behind me. It ended up being the head police officer, a man that I've met from this incident.

"Oh I'm sorry... Hello Adam," he says once he recognizes me.

"Hello Mark. I was just on my way out because this lady said that I could hold or leave. I have new information about the case so I can't just hold."

"Oh really, well you can come with me to my office." As we walk in he turns back towards the lady. He gives her a stern look and she rolls her eyes. "Guess who I'm firing tonight?" He asks. I just snicker. Serves her right.

We walk into his office and he closes his door. "Please, sit." He gestures to the chairs in front of me. I take a seat and he joins me. "So what is the new info?"

"Well, I believe that Sauli is here in Los Angeles."

"But that's impossible. He's in Finland. We never got a call from the airport saying he changed his flight."

"Exactly," I agree. "Yesterday he called me to see how I was doing and he said that he was here in LA."

"That's unbelievable. In that case then he never left California. But we got a call from the airport saying he left before this all started. That means he has someone working with him in the airport."

"Yes. And that may also mean he has others working with him besides the person in the airport."

"Wow. This is some groundbreaking information." He sits back in his chair and ponders on what he just heard. "May we track the number he called you from?"

"Go right ahead." I hand him my phone with the number on the screen. He leaves the room for twenty minutes or so and comes back.

"The number that we tracked is in the Los Angeles area. I'm proud of you Adam. I think you've just cracked the case," he smiles.

"Well I'm glad I could help," I say with a smile on my face.

"Okay well we will see if we can find anymore locations. And if we do we will contact you."

"Alrighty then."

"Although," the man pauses, " this may take a couple weeks."

"This... This may what now?!" I say in disbelief.

"It may take a couple weeks for us to gather enough information to search an area."

"No! This cannot wait! Her life might be in danger!"

"Well I'm sorry but there's other important cases.." The man starts to justify but I cut him off.

"OTHER IMPORTANT CASES?" I yell in anger. "You know what? Fine! Since you guys are so busy eating donuts I'll go find her on my own! And if I die in the process at least I'll be able to forgive myself because I did my best!" I stand up out of my chair and I head for the door.

"Adam it's not safe!" Mark tries to stop me.

I look back before I leave his room. "No, it's not safe is it? It's not safe to leave this alone for weeks because she can die." I walk out of the room and slam the door behind me.

As I walk out a police man stops to confront me but I push past him. I thought I could trust the police but I guess not. You really can't trust anyone anymore.

{ Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away... A girl updated her story called Cuckoo.

Hey pies! I'm sorry about not updating for 3 weeks. Between finals and the holidays I've been very busy. Plus I've been feeling stuck and bored with this story. I hate to say it but I think I'm going to end it soon. (Maybe in 10 chapters or less) BUT if this story gets a lot of reads I'll make a sequel to it. I have no clue how... But I will... Somehow. }