Chapter 69

"YOU! YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU TOOK MY DAUGHTER!" He screams at me. He lunges in my direction, knocking my drink out of my hand. The glass hits the floor, shattering.

"Charles stop!" Sauli yells, grabbing the mans arm. The man swings his arm back, knocking Sauli off his feet. 
He lunges at me again, grabbing my shoulder. Before I can respond, his fist collided with the bottom of my jaw. I fall back, landing on the couch.

I look up, my vision being taken over by stars and darkness. I watch as Sauli jumps up and lands on the mans back. The man falls back, slamming against a wall with Sauli still on top him.

As I try to gain my vision again they go into a full out brawl. Yelling and screaming. Punches being thrown. Legs being kicked through the air.

I finally come back to my senses and I'm able to get out of Sauli's house. I quickly make my way to my car. Sauli and Skylers father had obviously been talking. Maybe Skylers father is in on this too. Or maybe he did all of this just to get to me.

I call 911, and as soon as they answer I tell them that there's been an attack and that they need to go to this address and the address of Skyler's house. I leave my phone in the grass in front of Sauli's house, hoping that they don't mess this up.

I drive quickly and wrecklessly to Skyler's house. Hopefully she'll be there. Please, let her be there.

After a 20 minute drive I make it to her house. I run up to the door to find it locked. I use all of my strength and adrenaline to kick the door in. As I do so, a part of the door knob breaks off and cuts my leg. I don't feel it though. From the amount of adrenaline pumping through my veins, I don't feel anything at all.

I run into the house, searching every room I can find. I head upstairs last. There's nothing on her room or the room behind it. Nothing. No one.

"Damnit!" I yell. She's not here. I don't know were she is. I ca-

"Adam..?" A quiet, weak voice calls out my name from behind me. I quickly turn around to only see Skyler's closet. I open it up only to find an empty clothes rack.

I know I heard her. She has to be here.

I pull out the rack and the shelf above it. They were all made to slide in and out easily. There's definitely something in here.

I pull out the last shelf and it reveals a latch. I pull on it and the wall starts to swing open a little bit. What the hell is this? Narnia?!

I keep pulling and it finally opens up with a sound of a crack. Way to go, breaking shit. I poke my head in to look around. I let out a cry filled with many emotions.

I quickly run up to her, wrapping my arms around her very thin body. I stop and I take a step back, looking at her once again, shocked at the sight. She looks like she hasn't eaten in months and her face is extremely pale, making the dark purple and brown bruises stand out.

I quickly start to untie the rope that hold her arms and legs down. "It's okay, I'll get you out if this." I untie the last rope and she falls forward on top of me. I catch her but she doesn't react. As she lands on me, I don't feel any body heat from her.

"S-Skyler..?" No response. "Oh no. Oh shit! No! Skyler please answer me!" I choke out, tears already streaming down my face. I press my ear against get chest hoping to hear the beat of her heart. Nothing. "SKYLER PLEASE!!" No response.

{Okay, stop and chill out for a second. This isn't the end. There's one more chapter after this. I'll post it in a couple hours. So just hang on.}