Chapter 47

"Thanks for the food," I say while walking out of the restaurant doors.

"Your welcome and are you sure that you don't want to stay the night?" He says with a smile that matches his bright eyes. Ever since I told him how to get back with his soon to be wife he's been giddy. I'm just happy that I could help.

"NEIL!?" A female voice yells from across the parking lot. We both turn to see the woman that he's engaged with.

"Hey Emma!" He walks over to her but she backs away.

"Who is that?" She says while pointing at me.

"Oh that's Skyler. She's good friends with Adam," he tells her.

"Oh really? I would think she's better friends with you. I left 2 days ago and your already with someone else! I can't fucking believe you. I was going to give you a second chance today. I was going to get food and come over but looks like you already had dinner," she wipes her eyes and crosses her arms.

"Emma... That's not... Please hear me out."

"You never hear me out so why should I listen to you?!" She yells at him. Her voice cracks and she turns around. She takes her keys out of her purse and walks toward her car.

"Emma please stop!" He runs up behind her. He grabs her wrist but she turns around and upper cuts him in the stomach.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" She pulls her arm back and glares at Neil.

"Look if you don't believe me then ask Adam. Ask Skyler. Ask the whole world if you want. We are just friends and nothing more. Hell I ran into her at the food cart today! Tell me how I can prove it to you... Please." I listen to his voice crackle as he pleads for justice.

"Emma... Neil is going to take you out on a date next week." I interfere. " He is going to take you to your favorite restaurant and take you to a salon to get a full makeover. He is going to be your cab driver for the entire day. He's doing all if this because he knows he was wrong. He's doing all of this on your birthday as well." I pour out all if the information I could in hopes that it will help.

"Are you really going to do that?" Emma asks as she turns to Neil.

"Yes. It's 5000 percent true. And it's all because I realized something. I-I was wrong. I've been wrong about a lot of things and I'm sorry. I should have listened to you and understand your side of the story. But no, I'm ignorant, naïve and rude. I'm sorry... I just don't want another day, another lonely night. I would do anything to have you by my side again. I don't want to throw away another lonely life." Neil stood still with a single tear streaming down his face. His expression reminds me of how Adam's looked when Sauli broke his heart. It hurt.

We stood silent, no one speaking a word. Without out any sound Emma walked up to Neil and stopped in front of him. Their noses were less than 2 inches apart.

They stared into each other's eyes. The daggers that were in Emma's eyes had disappeared and became tears. She slowly wrapped her arms around Neil.

I couldn't help but smile at the sight.

Emma rested her head on Neil's chest. "I forgive you."

{sorry that was short but it is a bigger piece of the plot so yeah :) also guys... Votes and comments are greatly appreciated. Ever since I took a break I lost over 70% of my readers. I just really love seeing your votes and your comments because it tells me that I'm not wasting my time. Thanks Pies <3 }