Chapter 34

{You all are amazing. The last time I updated this story it had 3,770 reads. In a little bit over a week the reads increased to 4,290. It makes me so happy to know that people are reading this story and to actually know that someone cares about what I do. Thank you guys, it means a lot to me. I love you all <3 }

"Bye Tommy!" I wave at him as he goes downstairs to the garage. I wait to hear the garage door open and close before I start.

"So what's wrong?" I ask while turning around to see Adam sitting on the couch. He gets up and walks away but doesn't make eye contact with me. His stare stays glued to the floor as he walks to the kitchen.

"Adam please talk to me," I say while following close behind. He doesn't stop. He widens his motions and walks away faster. I almost have to jog to keep up. "Why won't you talk to me? We agreed that we would tell each other anything so please stop running around the damn house and reason something."

"Why?" He stops and I almost run into him. "Why? That's the only question that has haunted me since I was born. Why?"

I stay silent in hopes that he'll keep going. I don't know how to respond to that anyways.

"Why am I gay? Why do I like men who obviously don't like me? Why do I end up falling for the ones who will break me? Why am I a worldwide sensation? Why do these people see me as a star. Why am I starting to doubt the things that I have been positive about? Why is this happening?"

"Because your Adam," I state. "Because your the man that taught others that it's okay to be yourself. Because your the guy who is actually quite flirtatious. Because your that guy who is too kind for his own good. Your the man that can sing with the angels if he wanted to. It's because your Adam."

"But what does that have to do with me doubting everything I do?" He turns around to face me.

"Your the risk taker," I say truthfully. I stand taller and straighten my posture but I still have to look up at him. "You take risks that are doubtful and that's natural."

"But the thing is... My life hasn't been one huge risk."

"Or has is it?" I ask. Adam gives me a confused look. "Life is one big risk. Right now, we are risking our lives because a meteor can come down from outer space and kill us. Now the probability of that happening is very slim but do you understand?" I stop and think a little bit more on what to say. "Like you have said before, 'Make a mess and don't forget that life is a dance," I give him a quote from Avicii's Lay Me Down. A song that Adam sang.

It grows silent. We both think about what was just said and wonder if it was too much. If it was a risk that should be doubted.

Adam's stare moves from the floor to me. I look up and we just stare at each other as if we are looking for answers to an unknown question. It feels like I had been looking at those mesmerizing eyes for an eternity, only it was just seconds.

"I right." A grin slowly grows on his face and his eyes change to a lighter color as if something clicked. "Thanks for helping me out a little. It's got me in a new perspective of things."

"Your welcome. Also if there's something wrong please tell me. I'll always be here if you need to vent out. I may not have the best response but I know it helps to just tell someone." I give him a smile and turned back around to walk away. I get stopped by two wrapping around my waist from behind.

"Hey," he says randomly.

"Hey."

"Um I have a question to ask you."

I turn around to where I can see his eyes.

"Have you ever..." He stops, trying to think of how to phrase his words. "Have you ever... Uh... Liked a girl?" His eyebrows furrow and he starts to turn pale.

"Um... I have never thought of a girl more than a friend. I have always that to my self 'wow she's pretty' but nothing more," I explain with caution in my words. I am really dumbfounded of where he is going with this.

"Oh okay... Uh thanks." He gives me a tight squeeze and pulls away. I turn around and he's already at the stairs. He looks at me one last time and starts to climb the stairs. "Goodnight!" He yells out of nowhere.

"Goodnight" I yell back. I hear a door close and then silence. I just step back and lean against the wall.

What the hell just happened?

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

A few days have passed since the Adommy night. For some reason, Adam's been acting strange. When he talks, it's like his personality changes. The words that he chooses are cautious and careful. The oddest thing yet is that he seems to be really self conscious when he is around me now. That's really weird because he is Adam. He usually wings stuff and doesn't care.

Terrance {One of Adam's friends/dancers if you didn't know} came over on Wednesday, which was yesterday, and Adam was cool with him. He acted like the Adam I know. He laughed, made jokes and carried on like his normal self. But when I'm around he is quiet and tries to be more... Sophisticated. It's like he doesn't want to make the wrong move.

That's when I stop walking to my car and realize it. My thoughts just gave me the answer.

He's afraid of taking a risk.

{sorry... That was really short. I had sort of a writers block with this chapter. Anyways... Thank you for reading. If you have any suggestions for the story, message me and I'll add them in.
PS: I want to give you guys a name instead if calling you guys cause I know most of you aren't men. I was thinking about calling you all Pies. I know that's a little odd but I kinda like it. Also it rhymed with guys. Give me a response on how you feel about that or you can give me another suggestion. I will appreciate anything. Thanks and have a fantabulous day/ night/ evening :3 }