Chapter 2 - First Day

[Kioto's POV]

"KIOTO!!!" as I turned my head, a girl started hugging me tight. My instincts immediately kicked in from the countless times I had almost passed out from lack of breath. I raised my arms against my chest to create enough room to breathe.

"Hina." My voice naturally sharpened.

"Oh, sorry~" She sang. This is my best friend Hina. Hina is also a member of the Legends of Perfection. People often find it strange since we're basically polar opposites. While I had short navy hair, she had long blonde hair that had a natural perm at the ends. While she was loud by nature, I was quiet. Not the shy kind, just... boring kind. Hina called it the "Aomine Daiki" kind.

"Hey Kioto-chan," Hina chirped as we walked around Seirin, "I heard they have a basketball club here!"

"Don't most high schools have basketball teams?" I question, "Also, drop the '-chan', Hina."

"Well, you're right. Most high schools have a basketball team. But guess what? Kuroko-kun is here! Did you know that, Kioto-chan." Hina said, emphasizing the "chan".

"How annoying." I muttered, looking up at the sky. So, Kuroko, you're here too huh?

I arrived at my classroom and quietly entered, looking around as it was filled with awed gasps and remarks such as "Look! Its the Legends of Perfection!" or "OMG! Is that Hina Garcia and Kioto?" or sometimes I even heard this: "KYAAA!!! Its The Nameless Ace!" Yeah, everyone in the Legends had nicknames given by the public. Because my lastname was unknown to most and kept a secret, I was called "The Nameless Ace". And Hina, well, she's named "The Heart of Hope" since she always seems to "hold our hope within her", as her sister Alexandria stated on world television. 

I took a seat next to the window as Hina started chatting with some classmates while waiting for the teacher to come. My gaze stopped at a familiar bluenette. "Kuroko." I noted, speaking loud enough for Kuroko who was two seats in front of me to hear. He turned his head around to look at me.

"Kioto?" Kuroko asked in slight surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here with Hina." I answered.

"Eh? Looks like we found Kuroko-kun." said Hina as she butted into our conversation. 

"It's nice to see you agan, Hina-san." Kuroko greeted.

"You t-" Hina was interrupted as the door slid open, revealing the teacher.

Class starts while I stare out the window, lost in my thoughts. Why is Kuroko here? Shouldn't he be at a powerhouse school like the rest of them? I wonder why the rest all went to different schools.

"-oto-san. Kioto-san!" I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard my name being called.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Kioto-san, please read page 28 to the class." The teacher said.

I nodded and began to read the passage. After I finished, the classroom was dead silent.

"Kioto-san, your reading was amazing! Where did you learn English?" My teacher asked,  breaking the silence.

"World Competitions." Simply cutting further conversation, I frowned blankly towars the window. After that, class was uneventful. 

I wonder how the other Legends are doing...especially her.

Fana Yukito.

The Broken One.