Chapter 3 - Seirin Basketball

----After School----

"Kioto!" Hina shouted. "What club are you joining this time? Volleyball or basketball?" 

"Hmm....maybe basketball since Kuroko is here.." I said, looking out the window.

"Let's go!" Hina exclaimed, grasping my arm and hauling me toward the gym.

----At the gym----

[3rd POV]

*BAM* 

Everyone turned to look at the girls at the gym's entrance. "Who are they?" everyone thought except Kuroko. 

"Sorry for the intrusion." The raven haired girl apologized with a small nod.

"It's alri-" Hyuga started.

Riko interrupted Hyuga before he could finish, "Kioto-san, Hina-san!"

"Hey, Aida/Aida-chan." Kioto and Hina greeted.

The angry looking Kagami asked his coach, "Who are they?" It was obvious someone had disturbed their practice.

"You must be Kagami," Kioto mused, "Kuroko's new light, am I right?"

"He looks... alright. Tall and aggressive, just like Aomine!" Hina giggles.

"Hm..let's see. you have a impressive jumping power, Kagami." Kioto noted as she finished analyzing the boy. "Oh right, we forgot to introduce ourselves. We're from Teiko Middle School. I'm Kioto, the shooting guard and this is Hina, our point guard."

"Teiko? Which string are you from?" The team questioned.

"String Zero." A blunt voice said. Everyone turned their head to see a Kuroko drinking water. 

"When did you get here?" Everyone exclaimed.

"What do you mean? I was here the entire time." Kuroko deadpanned.

"Anyway what did you mean by "String Zero?" Kagami returned to the main topic.

"Legends of Perfection, " Riko states, "LoP for short. They are a team of prodigies in just about everything. Their power rivals even the Generation of Miracles, although they aren't as well known in the basketball world because they're a girls team. Kagami was interrupted by his laughter. "So far, their record is undefeated, at least in official games." The Seirin team was shocked. An undefeated team in just about everything? 

"2v2, " He demanded, "me and Kuroko versus the two of you." Hearing this, the two girls smirked.

"Game on." They declared. 

[Kioto POV]

"2v2, " Kagami demanded, "me and Kuroko versus the two of you." Hearing this, the two girls smirked.

My my my, isn't this interesting? He's just like Daiki. 

At least, what used to be Daiki. I glanced at Hina, who nodded.

"Game on." We declared.

We started with a tip off. Even though Hina was tall, Kagami towered over just about everyone including her. He got the ball to Kuroko, who then initialized a alley-oop as Kagami dunked it. 

"Hmph!" Kagami was obviously proud of this victory. 

Little did they know, as Hina and I were purposely running around the court aimlessly, I was analyzing their every move. Fortunately, I had known Kuroko for a long time, knowing that in a crowd, it was easy to lose him. Luckily for us, Kagami had requested for a 2v2, meaning it was going to be much easier to spot him. 

Kagami Taiga - Short tempered, strong jumps, a dunk addict. His movements are brash and nonstrategized, which just makes him easier to predict. He'll go for the ball, and always chooses to dunk when given the choice.

Kuroko Tetsuya - In an official game, he can go hidden and pass the ball without notice. His presence is small, so much that you wouldn't notice him if he was standing right next to you. However, his other abilities, such as shooting, stamina, and speed are below average, as he never had any need for them.

This is going to be easy.

"So?" Hina questioned, glancing at me.

"I'm finished." I replied.

"Oh no."  Riko sighed, "This is gonna be bad."

"What do you mean by that? How do you even know them in the first place?" Koganei asked.

"In the beginning, my father trained them. We often went to the gym together after school and I got to watch them play basketball. So thats why I know, after this, the first year duo won't stand a chance." Riko said, her eyes narrowing.

Sure enough as the team looked back, they saw Kagami and Kuroko getting demolished. "Hina, give me the ball." I requested. 

"'Course~" she sang as she passed the ball. I glanced at Kuroko's current position. "Left, forward, right, back." I predicted. Those will be his next movements.  Next is Kagami. I glanced at the tanned teen standing in front of me. Well, this wont be too hard. I used Akashi's ankle breaker that he taught me a few years ago. It didn't have the same effect as mine was much weaker, but it was still enough to make someone stumble. As Kagami tried to regain balance, I silently slid passed him with speed that could rival Daiki. After all, I am the one who raced him every week. The game basically just went on like this, ending with a 54:3. I'll blame the extra point on Hina for fouling.

I sat on the bench drinking water to quench my slight thirst. I glanced over and saw Hina doing the same while Kagami was drenched in sweat and Kuroko looked like he was about to faint. Poor him.

"Kioto, why didn't you play like you normally do?" Kuroko asked.

So he knew hmm? "Well.. I wanted to test something out." I mumbled.

"I see." Kuroko replied. He actually heard that?

A ringing sound came from someone's phone. "Oh, it's mine." Hina said answering the phone. "Hello? Fana, is that you?" I heard her ask. "Oh really? Good for you! Yes, yes, we will visit sometime, don't worry." The call ended and she turned to me with a horrified look on her face. 

"S-she..." Hina stuttered. What's going on? Hina never stutters.

"What is it?" I said, my tone cold as ice.

"F-fana's going to Touou Academy." Hina manages to spit out.

No, why? Out of all the schools, why? No, I can't. I can't let her meet him.

 I can't let you meet Aomine Daiki again.