Anti Player (2)

"What? It's not like I broke the rules, Shintaro." Kioto mused, dusting her hands.

"I KNOW YOU DIDN'T!" Midorima huffed, his glasses fogging up.

"Then what is it?" Kioto questioned, sitting down and retrieving her phone.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'WHAT IS IT?'" He continued to rant, irritated that Kioto was amused. 

"Hah? The rules are just that we couldn't attempt to block each other during shootings." Kioto frowned as she scrolled through her phone, barely paying attention.

"WHICH IS WHY YOU HIRED SOME RANDOM PEOPLE TO SET UP A GIANT FAN NEAR THE HOOP TO BLOW THE BALL OFF COURSE?" Midorima yelled, completely irritated.

"Hmm? It's not like I broke any rules." Kioto blankly stares as Hina nods her head excitedly, sticking her tongue out.

"I-" The poor so-called genius became a stuttering mess at the shameless girl in front of him.

"So, " Kioto started, "who's left?"

Ryouta: beaten, Hina: surrendered, Hikari: played a game of sudoku and lost, Shintaro: beaten.

"Me and Miss Prissy." Aomine sneered. "Get ready to lose, Kioto teme!"

"Aomine-san, it's 'Miss Prissy and I, ' improper grammar is not to be encouraged." Ayame corrected.

"Doesn't this give a sense of deja vu?" Kioto stretched as she approached the center of the court.

"Yea? Well unlike the time in the Tooru Gym, I won't be losing." Daiki smirked back.

"Really? I'll be looking forward to my defeat then." Kioto tapped her chin. 

"Yes, because this time..." Daiki lunged for the tip-off, "I know how you play."

They raced across the court in a blur. "You've been practicing, haven't you? Sore Loser-san." Hina snickered. Kioto felt the corners of her lips tug into a small smile. Kuroko did it, hasn't he?

"'Kuroko did it, hasn't he?' I bet that's what you're thinking." Aomine's snarky voice cut in.

"What are you, Akashi Seijuro 2.0?" Hikari accusingly pointed at Aomine while Hina nodded.

Dunk. Block. Retreat. Crossover. Repeat.

"Isn't this getting boring?" Kioto sighed.

"Oi, you bastard!" Aomine growled, "I'm just getting started!" His eyes blazed in a mix of determination and focus. 

Zone?

"Remember when Kise and I saw the Legends of Perfection for the first time?" Aomine glared, still hung up on Ayame's earlier remark, "Your defense was like that Kagami brat's. Slightly more than his, but your speed cover's more area, doesn't it?"

"..."

"Bullseye," Aomine thought, staring at Kioto's unchanging expression. Smirking, Aomine ran full speed around the defensive range, jumping up then coming down for the dunk.

Once again, a pale hand slapped the ball away.

"Huh?"

"I'm glad you think so highly of me, Daiki," The ravenette's voice echoed through the gym.

"However,

How dare you look down on my team?"

A signature pressure fell upon the gym. A pressure of this kind that could only belong to an Akashi.

A few onlookers who came in to watch the match crumpled to their knees, Midorima's hand slightly trembled as he fixed his crooked glasses, and Aomine's hand froze as he held the ball, his zone immediately flickering out like a match.

Clack. The sound of Ayame setting her cup down broke the silence.

"Aomine-san, " Ayame's voice seemed to revive everyone, "It's been ten seconds, you now lose possession of the ball."

"Your fault for forgetting we aren't the LoPs for nothing, " Hikari chuckled at the male teenager, still unmoving as she removed the ball from his hands. "Oh, and I'm the one who watches over the team. D'ya think that rich brat has time to do this boring a** job?" She whispered into his ear.

"Please mind your language." 

"HAH? HOW DID YOU HEAR THAT? I WHISPERED! I W.H.I.S.P.E.R.E.D!!!" 

Tic. Tok. Tic. Tok. Tic.

"Why? If Hikari is the one who defends, then why? Why can't I make a single shot?" Aomine's mind raced, distracted. He slipped up and the ball was taken away from him, as soon as his focus was lost.

"We Akashi's aren't that spectacular. We like to play mind games. The moment you take your eyes off of us you lose. "Kuroko will beat Seijuro, I'm certain, after all, Seijuro lost sight of him years ago." Kioto started, as they raced across the court.

"Hah?" 

"Use that brain of yours, Daiki. 'Everything about us is better, so why did we lose.' "This is what you thought, the moment the scores came in, wasn't it?" Kioto had seen through them.

"..." This time it was Aomine Daiki's turn to stay silent.

"It's because I was rusty."

"It's because he was weak so I went easy on him."

"He won because he met Kagami Taiga."

"It's because of luck."

"Isn't that what all of you thought?" Kioto said, throwing a three-pointer. "But the truth, it's the opposite isn't it?"

"It wasn't because you were rusty, it was because he practiced."

"Went easy on him because he was weak? He's stronger than all of you."

"Kagami Taiga? The first time I saw him he was just like a rough, untrusting delinquent."

Everyone watched as Kioto's last throw went cleanly through the hoop.

"People change, Aomine Daiki."