Chapter 4 - Fana's Past

[Hina's POV]

      Touou Academy. That's where Aomine-kun goes. We cannot let Fana meet Aomine. No matter what.

      I glanced over at Kioto to see her expression dark. "Hina, did you bring your skateboard?" She asks.

      "Hai." I answered. 

      "Aida! Sorry but we have a friend to visit! Sign us up for manager and assistant coach or something!" Kioto says, waving goodbye, "Lets go, Hina."

      "Can I come?" I jumped at a voice right behind me and realized it was Kuroko-kun.

      "U-uh.. hai." I said. So in the end we skateboarded to Touou with Kuroko-kun and No. 2 jogging by our side.

      "Why don't you want Fana-kun to meet Aomine-kun?" Kuroko-kun asked with his  usual monotone.

      "Ano..well it's complicated," looking over my shoulder, I can tell Kuroko-kun isn't satisfied with my answer, "Ok, ok, ok I'll tell you."

      "So what happened was," I started

[Flashback]

----3 years ago (Junior High)----

      "Konnichiwa! My name is Fana I'm a shooting guard, I want to join the basketball club because my childhood friend Daiki  said basketball is the best!" A cheerful girl said with a bright smile.

      "Congratulations Fana, welcome to String Zero!" Hina greeted.

      "Congrats." Kioto said with a flat tone.

      "Welcome!" The rest of the LoPs chorused. 

----Time Skip (2nd Year of Junior High)----

      "Truth or Dare, hmm how about Fana!" Hina asked.

      "Ano, truth!" Fana said with a giggle.

      "Now Fana my sweet child, whose your crush?" Hina asked with a sly grin.

      "HAH? 

       We waited expectantly for her answer.

      "Well... its... its... D-d-d-daiki-kun!" Fana stuttered, her face beet red.

      "Oh? Why him? He's so louddd." Kioto said frowning at the thought.

      "Don't worry Fana, we'll help you out with him!" Hina exclaimed with a proud look, "Right, Kioto?"

      "Sure as long as you get him to stop nagging at me." Kioto said with a bored look.

      "G-Guys, stop teasing me!" Fana pouted.

      "Guys? I think you mean girls, Fana." Kioto smirked.

      "UGH! You know what I mean!" Fana screeched.

----Time Skip (3rd year Junior High)----

      "D-daiki, I r-really like you, w-will you be my b-boyfriend?" Fana confessed with her face a red shade that could rival a tomato. 

      "Hah? Sure." Aomine responded with an amused look.

      "A-arigato!" Fana beamed.

      Fana skipped to the school gates where the female duo, Hina and Kioto were waiting. "I did it! I confessed! And guess what? Guess, guess! Well he said yes!" Fana chirped so excited she was literally shaking to the point Kioto had to poor water on her head to calm her down. "Eek! Kioto!" Fana pouted as water dripped down her hair.

      "Oops, " Kioto teased, "though congrats on your successful confession."  She noted. At this, Hina nodded with agreement. 

----Time Skip (Summer of 3rd year Junior High)----

      "Come on everyone! Lets go shopping!!!" Hina declared.

      "Ok sure!" Fana chirped.

      "Shopping? Seriously? I'm not going."  Kioto sneered with a flat tone.

      "Uh yes you are~" Hina sneered back sassily.

       In the end the two girls managed to drag Kioto to the mall with them.

      "Hmm? Look at this? Isn't it cute?" Fana giggled pointing to a outfit.

      "Oh yea! And look there's three different pairs, lets buy them!" Hina noted, dragging Kioto to the counter making her pay.

      "Oi! Why am I paying, I didn't even want them." Kioto whined eyeing the blue, purple, and red shirt and skirts.

      Hina flashed a evil smirk when Fana made puppy eyes. "Pleassseeeee~" Fana begged. Kioto sighed and went up to the counter.

       "Works every time"  Hina thought as she exchanged a fist bump with Fana.

      "Come on, lets get food, I'm hungry." Kioto said as she led them to a near by café.

      "Ice tea please!" Hina chirped.

      "Strawberry lemonade for me!" Fana beamed.

      "I'll have a vanilla latte." Kioto told the waiter.

      The girls sipped on their drinks as they shared a happy conversation. Suddenly Kioto stilled. The girls followed her gaze to see a tall tanned man with navy hair holding a baby pink haired girl. And they were kissing

      "No, no, no. T-this has to be a mistake." Fana said with wide eyes as she rushed out to get a closer look. But as they got closer to the two making out on the bench of the park, reality shattered Fana's hopes. She stilled, not even breathing as her drink fell with a loud "thud." Then Aomine and Fana's eyes met. Her eyes clouded with tears as she turned away to run with Aomine calling her name, running after her only to be stopped with by the female duo both holding looks full of hatred.

      "You don't deserve her. Leave her alone." They said. All Aomine could do was watch Fana run away with the two girls chasing after her. 

      "Your right..I don't deserve her, so please take care of her." He muttered though they were too far to hear him.

      As the female duo chased Fana, they found her crying her head tilted up toward the sky. "Why? What did I do wrong?" Fana asked. Then Kioto's eyes widened. "No! Fana! Car!" Kioto yelled as she tried to push Fana to the side. "I thought...I thought we were happy."  Fana breathed out.

You two were happy.

The girl turned her head, giving the Kioto and Hina a faint smile. "Sorry" Fana whispered, her voice full of sorrow and regret.

Then the car hit.

[End]