Chapter 6 - Guilt

Dedicated to SammyCrougan for being my first commenter. ^_^

[Hina POV]

      "Daijoubu, Hina go with Kuroko and Momoi to the cafe, I'll be fine," Kioto assured.

      "Momoi! Let's go to the cafe!" I smiled.

      "But what ab-" Momoi started uncertainly. 

      "Kuroko-kun is there~" I slurred as I tried to tempt her.

      "Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Momoi cried.

      "Too easy." I smiled in satisfaction.

----At the cafe----

      "Tetsu-kun!" Momoi screamed, wrapping her arms around Kuroko tightly and basically squeezing the life out of him. 

      "Etto...Momoi I think he can't breathe." I deadpanned seeing Kuroko-kun on the verge of fainting.

      "Oh! Gomen, gomen!" Momoi apologized.

      "Anyway, I'm gonna get a drink, want anything? Today's on me!" Momoi offered.

      "If you're paying then I want iced tea." I chirped.

      "I'll have a vanilla milkshake then," Kuroko-kun said in his usual monotonous tone.

      After Momoi left, Kuroko-kun asked, "Why did you really invite her?" I briefly told him about what happened in the gym though all he did was nod. 

      "If she stayed then she'd find out why we're here and try to stop them, so that's why while that two sort it out, I need to keep her from entering this tangled mess," I explained. I kinda lied. Kioto didn't want me to bring her here out of convenience, she had Momoi come here to keep her from knowing about Fana's conditions, knowing her, she'd immediately do find Fana and apologize, which may trigger Fana. Thankfully, Kuroko-kun bought my story.

      "Why did Kioto-kun accept Aomine-kun's challenge? From the story you told me, if Kioto just tells him to leave Fana alone, then Aomine-kun would probably listen, right?" Kuroko questioned.

      "That's probably true but I don't know, I think...I think in her own way, Kioto feels guilty." 

      "Guilty?" Kuroko asks as he slightly tilts his head.

      "Kioto thinks she could have prevented all of this, all of the misfortunes, all of these changes," I tell him.

[Flash back]

      "Try harder? Why should I try harder? The only one who can beat me is me." Aomine scoffs.

      "Oh, yea? I bet one of us can stop you! Right Kioto? Fana?" Hina challenges.

      "Etto, me? I don't know...but Kioto defiantly can!" Fana proudly exclaimed.

      "Me? How should I know?" Kioto says with a bored tone.

      "Kioto! If you beat Aomine I'll treat you to dinner!" Hina bribed.

      "...Fine." Kioto sighs.

      "Beat me? The only one who can beat me is me." Aomine sneers.

      "Bring it on then!" Kioto sneers back.

---Time Skip (After the game)----

*Beep* Times Up!

      "141:139, Aomine Daiki wins," Akashi announced. Kioto had failed at helping Aomine. She had just been two points away. TWO.

      Aomine turned to Kioto one last time, saying his trademark quote, "The only who can beat me is me." 

----Time Skip (Fana's Accident)----

      "Dai-chan! Let's go to the park!" Momoi said.

      "Eh? Why? The rooftops are much better." Aomine complains.

      "Please Dai-chan~" Momoi pleaded.

      "Fine." Aomine reluctantly says.

----At the park----

      "Do you want ice cream?" Aomine asks.

      "Sure, Arigatou Dai-chan." Momoi beams as she licks her ice cream.

       "Kawaii." Aomine thinks, slightly blushing. 

      The two of them sit down on the bench as Aomine stares at Momoi. "Is something wrong Dai-chan?" Momoi asks, being the observant person she is.

      "I-it's nothing Satsuki," Aomine mutters.

      "Dai-chan! Just tell me already!" Momoi pouts.

      "It's just, " Aomine says taking a deep breath, "I've liked you for a long time, everything about you is just perfect and I just can't stop thinking about you."

      "Dai-cha-" Before Momoi could finish her sentence, Aomine pressed his lips against hers.

      "Thud" 

At this Aomine's eyes widened to see Fana standing behind him with tears in her eyes. 

----Time Skip (A week after the incident)----

A week later, they broke up. Subconsciously drowning in a sea of guilt, Kioto thinks that if she hadn't brought them to the café and saw Aomine and Momoi, everything would've been fine.

      "Dai-kun, I'm sorry but I don't like you back, " Momoi states, "and I don't think you really like me either. So let's just break up" 

      "What do you mean? Of course, my feelings are real!" Aomine claims.

       "What about that girl? When she saw us did you feel hurt?" Momoi questions.

      "I don't like that girl! I was just worried because she's a friend." Aomine argues.

      "Dai-kun, I don't think your feelings are real, you just think they're real because you might have once liked me, that girl is the one you truly love. Please don't fool yourself, Dai-kun." And with that, Momoi left.

"The one...I truly love?" 

[End]