I Am Akashi

My head pounded, my vision blurred, everything was spinning.

I could see it.

"Kioto," A voice chimed

"Nandayo?" Kioto glared at the stranger sitting on a bench, just outside the school.

"Oh please, cut the cold tone. I'd say we're pretty close now, don't you agree, Ms. Anhe?" The strange girl asked.

Kioto spun around, and glowered at the other figure, "I believe I've made it clear not to call me that."

"Oh? What about Ms. Patient then?" Smirking, the figure slipped out of the scene.

Why is she here?

Forcing the thought to the side, Kioto left the campus, certain about the outcomes of the bet. 

Her time was running out.

Walking towards her destination, Kioto took in her surroundings with great care. The crippling lifeless leaves, the clouded sky, and soft careless rain.

From the start, she had already known she would lose. After all, Ayame's ability never seemed to fail her.

 Opening the door to the place she had called home for many years, a gentle sigh left her lips. Calling out specific orders to the twins, a tear found itself trickling down.

Akashi...

Was the only word in her mind.

----

Swiftly making her way through the crowd, Kioto joined her teammates as though she had never left.

Eye's carefully analyzing, she had declared that the situation had matched her thoughts.

This was the last quarter.

"REBOUND!" Kioto simply scoffed as she stared at Kiyoshi. He was the one, who layed down his future becuase of basketball, yet here he was, playing as if nothing else matters. 

"Simply foolish..." Hyuga and Kioto both agree.

Kiyoshi manages to set up a play for Kagami, as the gap closes to 15 points. Akashi gains control of the ball, as he entrusts the point to Mibuchi. The theory behind Oblivion shot is quite simple to those who notice, but even then, it's not simply a matter of skill or experience. 

But he did. Hyuga blocked the oblivion. 

Kioto's lip paled. Akashi must've noticed. The game is shifting towards high level run-and-gun, Seirin's specialty. Suddenly, Kioto dropped to the ground. 

A dark look seems to pass into the male Akashi's eyes.

Run, ankle break, fake, score. He's entered "zone."

Kioto slowly looked up and turnd towards Rio, releasing a maliceful glare. Startled, Rio traced the source and glared back at Kioto. Brushing it aside, Kioto slowly pointed towards their ace and nodded towards Seijuro.

Let us see, will he be the next to open the gate?

Her cold eyes followed a mocked ace and invisible 7th man, and together, they became the emperor's rival. A play formed by complete trust in emotions and skill. This is Kuroko, someone who would even see the future for and of his teamates.

Humiliated, Akashi chases the duo, and only gets knocked down by Kagami's dunk.

Defeated, Kioto couldn't help as a crazed smile appeared on her face, watching her own kin lose his sanity.

As Mayuzumi finally lashed out at Akashi, flashbacks overwhelmed him.

His own weakness, death, suport, his other self. 

In the end, they were merely because of his weakness. His mentality saying when he entered high school, someone would defeat him. His mentality saying he could not have true friends. His mentality saying he should simply be the villain.

Kioto sprung up and ignoring all the shouts, she ran towards the balcony and leapt from the second floor, sprinting towards Akashi. There wasn't not a single step of elegence, yet Ayame stayed silent. Not a single ounce of her usual ascending aura, yet neither Hina nor Rin smirked. All they saw was a young girl who's emotions poured out as she ran towards her brother.

Two deep maroon eyes locked into her own dark orbs as he opened his arms, as if to engulf her bursting emotions.

"Knock knock, " Seijuro softly whispered into her ear, "Niisan is back."