Anti Player (3) - The Matriarch

[3rd POV]

Kanda Ayame.

Despite how she casually acts, no one ever takes that name lightly. There has always been something different about her. School playboys never dared lay their eyes on her, it was almost as if, hidden behind her gentle aura, she were saying, "Try and nip me and I'll tear you apart."

It's almost hilarious when the media and articles describe her as "cool headed, gentle, and polite." Though it seems that only the Akashi siblings ever notice the upturned, cold eyes she makes whenever she lets out a smirk.

It's almost as if everyone can only see 'The Matriarch' and never Kanda Ayame. 

Sometimes even Kioto and Seijuro wonder if she suffers from dissociative identity disorder or bipolarism.

 Who knows? She could be depressed. That, or she's just a bit psycho. Ah, or maybe got a little too invested in team composition like Seijuro.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Kioto, Ayame, the LoPs and GoM members who were present, walked slowly, listening to Ayame's cheery talk about the pretty night sky- or was it the clouds? Either way, Kioto wasn't listening.

"Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium"

"The Winter Cups?"  Kioto silently noted.

"Let's sit up there." Ayame gracefully pointed at the front row on the balcony.

"WOOO!" A loud cheer erupted from the crowed as we reached the top, just in time to hear the announcements.

"Now, for the final battle we've all been waiting for..."

"LET THE WINTER CUP FINALS BEGIN!" The host yelled as the crowd, once again, erupted into cheers.

Down below, Riko felt something strange as she looked up, startled as Ayame met her eyes.

"It will begin." She mouthed. Eyes half-closed, Ayame beamed.

"Perfect."

"Rin's cousin...Kagami Taiga, was it?" Hikari mused to Daiki and Kise's annoyance, "He's improved. I can see why he beat both of you."

"Speaking of why you're both here....?" Hina added.

"Hikari, teme!" Aomine Daiki growled.

"No matter which side wins, " Kise started,

"I'm gonna be able to see the other's teams faces when they lose." Another voice finished with him.

Instantly, Kioto lifted a book to cover the side of her head as the person made a shriek when his head bumped into the hard front as he tried to hug her.

"Please refrain from physical touch, Tooru." Kioto stared him in the eyes, fixing her wrinkled shirt.

"Wah~ Kioto!!!" The pretty boy cried out.

"Ugh." Kise turned his head and mumbled something about a 'disgusting cute-wanna-be playboy.'

  "Ah, Oikawa-san, I'm curious to know, are you also here to watch basketball?" Ayame inquired.

"H-huh? N-no, I just wanted to say hi to you and Kioto. Aha..ha..ha." Oikawa smiled.

"Trashykawa! Where are yo-" A deep voice called. "Oh, konnichiwa, Ayame-san."

"Konnichiwa, Iwaizumi-san," Ayame smiled, "I was just beginning to ask why you weren't with our little King."

"Ah? Trashykawa dragged me here because he wanted to see how good these "miracles" were." Iwaizumi grumbled.

"HEY! YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO TELL THEM THAT!" The little King- I mean, the Great King exclaimed.

"I'm bored." Kioto said out of a sudden.

"Real-" Hikari's sarcastic voice was cut off.

"Let's make a bet." 

"A bet?" Ayame innocently blinked. "May I suggest a topic?"

"Eh?" Hina and Kise shrieked. "YOU NEVER LET US BET WITH KIOTO!"

"That's because your both stupid and Kioto should not hang out with the likes of you peasants." Oikawa smugly adds.

"Nandayo?" Kioto asks.

"Let's bet on Akashi-san's zone." Ayame beams.

"Akashi-san has a zone?"

"Rich brat #2 will go into zone?"

"The captain will enter zone?"

"Hah? Akashi teme! He never showed us his zone!"

"Ayame-san, may I ask what is 'zone?'"

"Zone?"

"Hmm, why not? I'll bet the state of trigger is defeat." Kioto shrugged.

"Etto...I'll bet the effect is 'Rakuzan High.'" Ayame's eyes briefly swept over to the red-head blunette.

"I believe we are witnessing the blossom of a red camellia, isn't that right, Seijuro-san?."