The Wait

Riley Greenfield
Fifty-Seven

Riley should've knew the consequences that would haunt her moments after she left Gene a mouth-watering show to remember. Their weren't many days she'd settle down and pull out her phone for a video that would be unforgettable to someone else. Sadly—- It was now too late to un-send the video. The read mark that embarked itself under a sent message stamped itself right under the video. Which now only meant one thing. Gene had saw everything, heard it all so it was only a matter of time until Riley got one hell of a reply back her way.

                   Fresh into work was the last thing Riley had in mind on her list. Yet, here she was again dedicating herself to a very long shift. When she stepped into her office and switched the lights on from the dark her entire heart just about slammed into her chest cavity from true fright. There she was, Gene Ress sitting right on-top of her desk with a big grin on her face. With her hand right on her chest from almost being scared to death Riley tries to catch her breath. "You almost scared me to death" Riley informs while trying to breathe correctly. "Yeah? Well it was suppose to be a surprise not a fright" Gene calmly explains. "What are you doing here?" Riley begins to curiously ask. "Honestly I called out for today. Their was no way I could step into work for the day" Gene explained. Hearing this got Riley heart racing, fearing that Gene would do something reckless before Riley could officially start her day professionally. "Nothing. I just needed the day off truthfully. I work so hard everyday so I figured why not take a day to myself" Gene informed shortly after. "Okay... —- Something was oddly off and Riley could feel it. There was no way in hell Gene would spend her day off at Riley's office first thing in the morning than pampering herself instead. She was defiantly up to something. Not knowing what it was had Riley more scared than when she switched on her lights to Gene sitting on her desk in the dark.

                  Surprisingly Riley's workday was going even more smooth than she had expected. Gene wasn't causing any trouble whatsoever; If anything she contributed to the team of workers more than her own assistant had in weeks. Once again just as Gene bent over to assist another co-worker Riley's eyes couldn't help but stare at her round plump ass. Just when Riley had felt she had enough staring her eyes had proceeded to land elsewhere but the look of Gene catching her red handed with a devilish grin on her face. This was the second second time today which only forced her cheeks red. She quickly switched her eyes over to a pair of workers before stepping back into her office. She was so embarrassed now, Why was she staring anyways? This was after all a professional place with a lot of customers roaming and walking around for assistance. Who even knows how many other folks caught her watching another woman's ass like a meal? What if they had thought she was a customer in need and Riley was being a creep by checking her out unprofessionally.

Truly embarrassed now Riley came to the conclusion to settle back down into her office chair to finish up her remaining work. She honestly didn't want to step back out of her office if she could help it after the stunt she had decided to pull just minutes ago.

           After what seemed like 3 more hours of office time Riley's door was softly knocked on. Professional and well aware she welcomed whomever it was inside as she flipped page after page with a stamp of approval or disapproval. The door quietly closed shut as she continued to stamp each paper with persistence. "How's work coming along for you?" Gene voice echoed out through the secluded office room. The hammering pound of Riley's beating heart didn't waste anytime speeding up inside her chest when she heard those words. Her posture on the other hand acted out as she picked her head up to realize who it was inside her space. "It's actually going pretty well" Riley answered with confidence and honesty. At least she had the courage to speak up knowing what she had pulled earlier. "That's great. I knew you'd get it done in time" Gene informs suddenly. Awkwardness soon washed over Riley before she caught herself eyeing the woman in front of her like a intimidating meal once again.