Unexpected

Gene Ress
Fifty-Six

The small but noticeable groans and moans from Windy's mouth always forced Gene's eyes open the second they would close for a small little nap. She had been sitting in the same chair since Monday from 5-4am everyday just to make sure Windy was in good health. It wasn't a healthy call and she knew that. Honestly she needed more rest than a old person going through their first stages of dementia. Sadly she knew she just wasn't going to get it. Well.. not until she knew for sure that windy would've survived whatever battle she was fighting that kept her from waking up. The mild sound of Gene's phone vibrating against the side of her thigh just about forced her eyes open for good. Immediately she reached for her phone and quickly picked up without giving the caller ID a look. "Gene Ress speaking" She spoke into the phone with alarming manners. If it had turned out to be a patient or an emergency reaching her phone late at night then she sure as hell didn't want to sound unaware to the person calling. "As sad as it is, unfortunately your presence will be the only thing to heal me" Riley informs with reassurance. In a instance Gene's heart begin to pound against the chamber of her chest just before she had realized who was actually on the other line. "I—- I wish I could come to your rescue but I'm currently guarding Windy's hospital room" Gene explains carefully. "How about I come to you" Riley suggested instead. Gene's mouth immediately opens to disagree with the decision Riley had made for the both of them, but; the pressure of her heart actually disagreeing with something she had been wanting since last Friday kept her from revealing those words. She wasn't even sure that bringing Riley inside the hospital was a good idea. The last time she did something that reckless Riley had gathered other plans for the both of them, which in return didn't end so well for Gene's physical performance for the next day of work. Was she sure she wanted to bring Riley here? Again? "I promise not to do anything rational. It's just dinner I wouldn't disrespect the space you've built for you and windy" Riley explains comfortingly. With that permanent statement floating around Gene's head she finally agreed with a Shaky yes. "Okay, just dinner?" Gene re-questions one more time to make sure it stuck for sure. "Just dinner" Riley agreed confidently. Then just dinner it was...

The soft knock on Windy's hospital door just about scared Gene out of her pants for the second time tonight. She wasn't so sure if she'd be able to keep up this schedule if she wasn't going to get some sleep in between it at all. She needed more sleep than ever if she wanted to be there when windy finally opened her eyes. Maybe after this small dinner with Riley she'd head home for the night and get a little rest.

                                  Dinner

Gene's eyes roamed over to her office door more times than she could count before she brought the cup of champagne to her lips once more. "If you have somewhere else to be then we can rap this up and have dinner another day" Riley indicates. Gene's eyes picked up from Riley's jawline to her mesmerizing eyes within seconds and removed the cup from her lips. Carefully Gene sat the cup down onto the table she had pulled out from her office closet and let her eyes fall down to the cup from embarrassment. "Im sorry, I'm just a little— "Distracted" Riley finishes. Gene's eyes picked up from the cup she had been caressing for focus just as she saw the face of concern other than enjoyment on Riley's. Even if she had already built a plan for herself Gene wasn't going to stop worrying about her ex-friend laying half dead a couple doors down from her office. It wasn't as if something like this became a common event for Gene— maybe in the face of death but not this. "The last thing I'd want is to end our dinner" Gene informed as reassurance. "We can reschedule. Theirs no harm in doing that" Riley reminds her. "I've— missed you" Gene spoke, Just as she continued to caress her cup of unfinished wine with blank looks of uncertainty. That little saying cracked a big smile across Riley's face just before she tipped her own glass against her lips and took a small sip of its sweetness. "You're not alone" Riley informs back. "My phone isn't going to say otherwise" Gene teases back. A small faint chuckle leaves Riley's lips before her face turned completely red with humiliation. "I feel so uneasy right now but it's worth it. I'd give any embarrassing story of mine to see you crack a smile inside this place". There it was, the force of unbearable fire and love running through her veins like the edge of lighting. How did she do it? How was Riley able to make Gene feel this way? She had never felt so turned on and Inlove in the same matter. She had thought it was impossible to connect two very powerful feelings together yet; here she was sitting right in front of it without any distractions. Sadly Gene's eyes couldn't pull from Riley's in time before she would've noticed herself. "If you keep looking at me like that I can't promise to leave you after dinner". Gene's curious eyes removed from Riley's form right down to the face of the plastic table they both sat In front of from unfinished dinner. "I didn't say you could stop" Riley insisted acceptingly. Her eyes immediately went back up as the hot fire that had left once came rushing back in-between her legs. Her smile was completely gone as she looked at Riley with lust and concern other than a simple answer. "I'm yours so you won't ever have to stop" Riley continues to explain teasing any part of Gene she could. It was a good thing Gene had caught on quickly otherwise she would've been Riley's food for the night no doubt. "I know what you're doing" Gene answers with a achieving smile. "I didn't know that I was doing anything but giving you consent but to look at what's yours" Riley skeptically answers. "You and I both know that isn't the answer you'd reveal if you wasn't teasing me. You knew exactly were my headspace was and took the opportunity to prick at it until I gave in" Gene proudly informs. Stuck in her own mischievous smile Riley didn't have any words to speak. She knew Gene was right and she wasn't going to deny it just to try and crawl her way back into her plan. It sure as hell wasn't going to happen that way, Gene knew that much.