Pressure

Riley Greenfield
Nineteen

                         Riley had a surprise waiting for Gene in just 2 hours. Such short timing made Riley more nervous than she wanted to believe. It almost scared her to know she'd be taking a trip with Gene, the only woman she'd ever laid hands on in weeks. This wasn't her normal situation when it came to vacations on her own. She had someone included now... someone she cared so deeply for to give a chance into her personal life. Was she moving to fast?

                  Lena welcomed herself into Riley's office expectedly shutting her door like a common routine she always pulled. Without notice she sits down unexpectedly rocking the customer chairs In-front of Riley. "What's up? You've been off since you walked in" Lena solves proving to know the situation Riley was about to tell her. Riley head pops up immediately after hearing Lena speak to her as if the attitude she carried around was a sudden burst of energy going off around everyone else. She couldn't choose to not answer when Lena questioned her so correctly now. She knew if she proceeded to continue her lie she was about to make up, she'd be stuck. Stuck Believing she was in this all alone when she wasn't as of right now. "Nothing that you should concern yourself with" Riley stubbornly states. Riley knew Lena wasn't going to fall for her childish outburst or the stubborn ways she always pulled when she didn't want to tell her something. So, Riley didn't know why she decided to even perform it knowing she would only make matters more proven to Lena's eyes that something was in-fact wrong. "You know me better than to know I know you better than that" Lena confirms crossing hers arms against her chest and her legs in front of the office desk. Riley couldn't back out of this now, she had no other choice so she explained as she should've did before she threw her familiar fit in-front of her own best-friend.

"Start from the beginning" Lena prefers as she waited patiently on the juicy information Riley was about to spill. If anyone, anyone would enter right now, she would've grateful appreciated the saving from embarrassment and curiosity, but... like life itself, it was unfair, mean and selfish. It didn't have a true mind of its own which is why it left Riley explaining something she knew would embarrass her in-front of her one and only best-friend. "Okay the beginning" Riley begins accepting that she had no way out of this one. "Continue" Riley informs right after making sure Riley didn't stall. Something Riley normally did when she didn't want to talk about her life, love, basically anything that had to do with her. "You remember that time you came over from your incident?" Riley brings up since Lena wanted to know. "Yes I do" Lena recalls with remembering hurt inside her voice. "It was our first time.. having sex" Riley recalls as she explains the turn of events that happened. She couldn't help but feel hot as she wished she could touch Gene's very body right now. "Wait.. So you're telling me that you've been hanging out with.. what's her name?" Lena questioned as if she was now curious to this story she wanted so desperately to meet the ending she wanted to know seconds ago. "Gene, Thats her name" Riley confirms. "Okay Gene, You've been what? Hanging out with her for a few weeks? Maybe a couple of days gathering into weeks?" Lena questions as if she wasn't sure. "A few months" Riley admits finally realizing the time that flew by since they met. It felt like fresh weeks.. but in reality it's been a grand of 2 months and 2 weeks since their first encounter. "Months!" Lena practically screams from the deepest part of her chest. "It hasn't been that long Lena, it's only been 2 months and a half" Riley confesses as if saying those numbers would make a difference, well unfortunately it didn't. "You mean to tell me you've been talking to this woman Gene for 2 fucking months and a damn half, and you've been hiding her from me this whole entire time?! You just fucked her! I'm fucking shocked right now. I don't even know if I wanna cry, be angry, or be almost happy. I guess I'll be the three god-damn horsemen sense we're keeping secrets now, so I came over a damn week almost ago and you and her had sex for the first time. Was their another time? Why the fuck am I asking, theirs always another time" Lena begins to talk to herself. Something she commonly did when she was angry and confused. "Yes we had sex a second time, honestly who wouldn't? Ask yourself that same question the next time you have sex with someone worth your time" Riley implies. "So she's worth it?" Lena questions Riley suddenly. "She doesn't give me a reason to make me think less of her" Riley confirms. "What about the time she led you on? Is she going to do that again?" Lena ask one hell of a good question this time. Something Riley couldn't even answer herself. All she could do was hope it wouldn't turn into something that cheap again. "All I can do is hope it won't happen again" Riley admits finally realizing the hope she had for herself. "Well you better hope she doesn't as best as you can because if she does, she'll get what's coming to her" Lena threatens.