In Need

Gene Ress
Eighteen

Cold air, warm days and delicious smells of fresh cooked breakfast fogged across Gene's nose like steam as she tried to fight the urge to wake up. She wasn't ready for work today, neither was her grumbling stomach as it cried for immediate food.

Never in her life did Gene think she would be spending a day eating breakfast with someone else other than her best-friend. Never did she ever believe Riley could cook, or bring Gene out of her sleep before she could. Her mother and father had a hard time pursuing a simple wake-up from her and for someone reason Riley could do it with the smell of her food? If that wasn't odd then Gene didn't know what was. Quietly she walked into Riley's kitchen after prepping her morning routine seconds after she slipped out her bed. Now here she was... with a big smile on her face as the sizzling food came to life in two plates. "Good morning" Riley spoke refreshing Genes morning as a good day. "I know it's a bit early, but, unlike you I have a early work-day today" Riley confesses just before she took a seat down next to Gene. "Once I head out feel free to lock the door, I don't need anyone trying to sneak into my home. Don't open the door for anyone, if you have work today then please text me and I'll manually set my alarm Incase someone does try to step into my home and steal everything" Riley begins, rambling on about something that wouldn't likely happen. Gene didn't say a word as she stuffed her mouth with deliciousness realizing how Riley never failed to please her taste buds as she devoured the food off its plate.

Heading back home after Riley stepped out of her condo wasn't ideal, but she didn't have clothes? She couldn't just show up to work in a doctors coat? A pair of underwear and a oversized t-shirt.

Slowly she pulled into the driveway realizing Windy's car was parked just like every morning they'd have breakfast together, Fuck! She spoke out into her air, she had totally forgot. How did she forget?

Without even stepping into the house correctly windy went at it. She was furious as noted, down Gene's throat as if they had an actual timer on when breakfast should've been eaten. "Where the fuck and how did the fuck did you forget our breakfast Gene? We always have breakfast together" Windy begins to remind her as if she didn't already know. She knew she'd been spending more time with Riley, which in contrary would affect timing, space and distractions within Gene's head. She didn't want to argue as she stormed into her room and practically stripped off the clothes she forgot she had on. Thankfully Windy didn't think anything of it as she continued to ramble on angrily as if Gene could and would actually sit through a rambling on sentence when they both had work in the next 10 minutes. "Windy, please stop talking for now, Get into your car, cut the shit on and drive to work because that's where I'm heading unless you rather get fired when Mr, Clark hears you didn't want to come in because you'd rather stay home from being so angry" Gene flat-out said as if mentioning it would make windy move any faster. Luckily it did, she listened, She practically jogged to her car.

All Gene could do was follow her routine to the best of her ability. Windy finally occupied herself elsewhere coming to a conclusion that she'd just come over to Gene's house later when she got off, Well.. that is if Gene got an actual break to head home. Teammates and co-workers swamped her with new cases pressing back her clock-out time with a full 22 hours at work. She was drained as she'd ever been. She couldn't remember the last time she'd been this tired in her entire work life. Her back ached, Her legs Pounded from being on them for too long, Her feet screamed for relaxation as so did her eyes as they became heavy, leaving her as the only doctor left to lock up again. She should've known the moment she stepped inside to work today it would've been chaotic; There wasn't a day it wasn't and she should've known that. Truly, That's how life was and that was all it'll ever would be in Gene's career.