Judgement

Gene Ress
Forty

"Gene Ress theirs an emergency at the hospital, we really need you to come in. Half of the staff is freaking out because we don't know what to do with the rest of the patients that are here for minor injuries. There has already been a 5th death today so please get back to me as soon as you can" Calvin her newest hire explains panicked as ever over her answering machine. For the 4th time tonight Calvin blew up Gene's answering machine with a desperate measure for much needed help. Gene wasn't so sure she wanted to walk in to work with a darkened mindset. She had tried her best to avoid Calvin's cry for help but the more he called the less Gene wanted to stay behind to protect herself from destroying her whole night. She had too much of that lately since the night she had decided to have dinner at Riley's place. At first everything was perfect and subtle and then she was interrogated and questioned as if she wasn't a grown woman with dreams of her own, but she knew that those dreams would have to wait if she wanted to have a life without overbearing bills withholding her from completing it. Why didn't Riley get that? Out of all people she would've thought Riley had to be the one to get just that without a problem to understand. Why was she even upset anyways when it could've been the liquor getting the best of Riley that night? Why did she let this questioning that she got all the time from strangers suddenly upset her when it came from the woman she cared deeply about? Maybe she cared too much, maybe she needed a break from a active life if she were to have any at all.

Frantically Gene rushed into the packed hospital straight to her office before someone gathered the chance to grab her before she was given the time to properly settle in. Quietly she let the door close behind her just before she grabbed her folder of files and flipped through each one. Everything was fine except that the hospital had dying patients from left to right chaotically. Gene couldn't even summon up the moment Calvin called her phone for immediate help. All she knew now was that everyone including the emergency staff needed Gene's help hopelessly. "Gene! Thank God you are here!" Calvin came screaming in with the swing of Gene's office door just minutes after she settled in. "Yes I am here Calvin. What is it that you need?" Gene questions him head on. Quietly she closes the folder she had been flipping through since her arrival and gave it a new place to lay on, her desk. "I know that you just arrived but as you can see we all need your present attention on each patient carefully. As the staff we have done the best that we can with reaching each and every person correctly before the next. The place has been uncontrollably chaotic without you, even more chaotic than i have ever seen it in my entire life" Calvin explains. With a professional smile Gene gathers the folder and asked Calvin calmly to lead her over the the first patient without questioning.

Nothing in this life could've ever prepared Gene for what she was about to see. Absolutely nothing in the world would bring her to her knees than seeing the death of a new born baby right in her arms. The beautiful cry he once ringed out from his small mouth was now silent as she carried him over to his mother with tears in her eyes. A small human-being right in her arms without a breath to live into another day was a devastating thing to witness at any moment in life. The heavy tears she cried from her eyes couldn't stop falling as she handed the mother her baby. This truly broke Gene's heart completely, all she felt was judgement and pain rushing through her veins. For the remaining time as she stayed behind after that shattering horrified hour only the pleasure of completing all of her folder work could distract her from what she didn't want to witness ever again.

              Residing to her office chair is where Gene stayed for the night even if she could go home. There wasn't anything much better at home then their was at her job besides a nice comfortable bed and of course the privacy she needed when she preferred loneliness other than distractions from other people. Stressfully Gene runs her hand through her long dark blonde/chestnut locks pushing her head full of hair back from her eyes as she looked over the documents the president had handed over before he closed off his office for the night with his wife. Anyone would've known by now that when his wife ever came around just to lock theirselves in a conservative office meant only one thing, sex was being created inside his own office. Thankfully the walls were pretty sound proof which granted his officers a smile from not hearing a thing. Again Gene went over the folder of assigned names and made sure she checked off each box before she closed it completely for the night; she sure as hell didn't want to make any mistakes before the morning came with another day of work.