Chapter 14

Storm Part 2

marinettes pov:

Shielding my eyes against the bright light I try to focus on the figures moving around. My head hurts and I can't remember what happened. My hands make contact with something solid, but I can't see anything there. When did the sky turn so dark, and why is everything so yellow? I hear muffled voices that I recognise.

Straining my eyes, I see Chat Noir.

"Chat!" I yell, but he doesn't react at all. How strange. The villain, I still don't know her name, doesn't seem to hear me either. Looking down, I'm still in my ladybug suit and I haven't used my lucky charm.

Chat seems to be struggling to dodge the yellow beams so i decide to call upon the charm. A compact mirror falls into my outstretched hand. Feeling around the invisible box i'm trapped in, i start to look for any small openings that I could throw the mirror out of. 

There's absolutely nothing, and my earrings have started to beep. 5 minutes until I transform back. I stand there, suspended slightly off the ground, frantically looking for anything to help my escape. They beep again - 4 minutes left. This time the villain seems to hear and grins menacingly at me. Chat looks puzzled why she's smiling at something - he obviously can't see me. 

Suddenly, the look of confusion passes from his face and an idea forms. He has that look in his eye where he's about to do something risky. He calls his cataclysm and darts towards the invisible box that's holding me hostage. As his palm meets the other side of the container, nothing happens for a moment. Then out of nowhere it starts to break until I drop to the ground and Chat catches me in his arms.

"Nice to see you again m'lady." he jokes, carefully putting me down and holding onto my shoulder.

I show him the compact mirror whilst keeping my eyes trained on the villain.

"Any information on her?" I ask quickly.

He nods before pointing to the crumpled comic to his side. "Her name's Black Lightning - she's an artist."

Ah an artist. That would explain the scenic area that we're currently fighting in. My earrings beep again, momentarily distracting me from Black Lightning. Out of the corner of my eye I see her aiming the lightning at me once more. In the last second before the beam touches me, I raise the mirror and watch as the beam is reflected back at her.

Her face contorts with fear before her whole body is overcome with the yellow light. But she doesn't disappear.

Chat looks confused so I smile at him to confirm this was my plan all along.

"You see, when two lightning beams collide, they have opposite charges, so they no longer impact the person, in fact they cancel each other out. The lightning she was in control of was in the storm cloud she sits on. Therefore when the two connected it destroyed the power she had." I explain calmly before watching the villain and her cloud float back down to the ground.

Chat looks thoroughly impressed as we walk towards the villain together.

I nod at him so he reaches forward to grab the comic page out of a small pocket in the cloud. Ripping it in half, an akuma flies out and I purify it quickly before turning back to Chat.

"Pound it!" we chorus.

My earring beeps once more, only have a minute or so before i detransform. 

"Gotta go Chat, bug out!" i say before leaping away.

Luckily my house isn't too far away from the river so i make it to a side alley before tikki appears. Feeding her a cookie, i  peer out of the alley and check no one is around. In the distance I see Chat taking the akuma victim home. I never even found out her name - shame, i'm sure she's lovely.

Running towards the bakery I hear a cough from behind me and  swivel around, coming face to face with Chat Noir. Shoot.

"Er hi?" i say timidly. I spot the girl behind him, going into a nearby house with her head hung low.

"I told you to stay inside Marinette." he says, frowning slightly.

"Oh.. I was, I just heard the magical ladybug repair everything so came outside to see what had happened." I lie smoothly. When did I get so good at lying?!

He looks dubious but nods and doesn't question it.

"Balcony?" he asks, inclining his head in the direction on the pink glow coming out of my room.

"Yeah I'll meet you there." I say confidently, turning away quickly before I say anything stupid.

He chuckles quietly. "No need." I turn back to ask what he means before he scoops me into arms and jumps up to the balcony.

Settling me down gently he grins before quickly looking concerned when he sees my expression.

"Sorry, I probably should have checked before I did that." he says awkwardly.

"N-no it's fine, just unexpected." i explain. Wait why am i stuttering. This is my partner Chat noir, not Adrien. Get a grip marinette.

He relaxes slightly at my words. "Next time i'll ask." he jokes before turning his face away. Good, he can't see the blush on my cheeks.

"Next time?" i ask nervously. 

He looks at me curiously before smiling. "Well yeah. Until Lila is no longer a threat you get to see me every evening. I'm sure you'll be using my transport services again."

I giggle at this. "Okay sure." i decide patting my cheeks to calm down once he looks away. What is going on? He wasn't even being flirty.

Out of nowhere his ring beeps. I'm surprised it lasted so long considering he used his cataclysm a while ago. He seems to have even forgotten he was going to detransform.

He looks at me and the balcony wistfully before sighing and standing up straight.

"I'm going to detransform so I'll head home now. I think you're safe for tonight. If you're not, call Adrien and he'll let me know. See you later Princess." he winks before jumping away quickly.

I hardly even have time to process his words. Call... Adrien....? How can he say that like its so easy. I know for a fact I will not be calling Adrien in an emergency. I'd probably forget why I even called and start word vomitting about something like how cute his eyes are.

Rolling my eyes at my own cringyness, i turn around and go inside my room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

adriens pov:

I was gonna go home - i really was.

But in the moment i decided to detransform, recharge plagg ( much to his delight ) and then check on Marinette.

Yes I know I only just left her, but theres something about the way she acts with Chat that I wish she would act like with me.

So here I am, in the late hours of the night, watching Marinette from a nearby rooftop. She seems to be talking to herself about something. Turning around on her balcony she goes inside, and through the window i notice a flash of red. Hm how peculiar.

Trying not to be nosey but failing, i sneak towards Marinettes window to see her at her desk talking to the red thing. Hold on thats a kwami. But not the mouse one, which I know she used when Plagg was taken from me. No that's the ladybug kwami. But what is she doing talking to Ladybug's kwami? Is it lost?

A/N

Eek it's finally starting to happen.

Hope you enjoyed Storm part 2.