Chapter 23

lila's pov:

The room was silent but the voices in my head were anything but. My curtains were drawn because it allowed me to see the akuma more easily. It had flown in around 10 minutes ago, for a chat with Hawkmoth. I welcomed it gladly, I needed to give him an update. 

The akuma had flown into my fake necklace, but I knew it would leave on its own when the conversation was finished. The first time it happened I was concerned, but now it's normal.

"Hi Hawkmoth." I thought, hearing his response echo around my head.

"Lila Rossi, I've been watching your plan unfold through my akumas, and I appreciate your little updates, but after careful observation i'm not sure if this is something I want to participate in." Hawkmoth explained, causing me to feel even more angry. He doesn't understand, I need him to help me complete the plan.

He gave me the ability to make the memory drinks a few nights ago but had kept quiet ever since. I understand his hesitation, the next part of the plan is risky, and very dangerous, but essential in little miss marinette dupain-cheng saying au revouir to france and all her stupid friends.

"Hawkmoth, you don't understand..." 

"I don't understand?!" he interrupted angrily. "Miss Rossi, your plan could destroy everything i've worked for alongside the threat towards a seemingly innocent teenager. I think you need to reconsider your plan to make it more manageable, and once you've realised this, we'll be in touch."

The akuma flew out of my necklace and left through the window, leaving me sat on my bed glaring at the laptop screen in front of me. Stupid Hawkmoth, stupid Marinette, whatever, I don't need him or his weak akumatized villains.

Deciding I'm going through with the plan with or without him, I hit send on the keyboard and shut the laptop. Lying on my bed I look up at the ceiling. Why did Marinette have to cross me, she just couldn't accept my lies as the truth, and neither could Chloe. That's why they both need to go, and then Adrien will come straight to me on his knees begging forgiveness.

My eyes light up with joy as I realise Hawkmoth was right. I do need to change my plan, but not in the way he wants. I won't make Adrien forget the girls, I'll make him choose me over them. That will hurt so much more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chloes pov:
These last few days have been rough on me. Marinette and Adrien too, but they have friends or family to turn to. Neither of them are aware that my parents are currently away from town and my evenings consist of watching movies and crying myself to sleep. Last night was no exception, and as I crawl out of my Limo, the bright sunlight makes me pull down my sunglasses and almost immediately bang into someone.

"Ooops sorry Chloe!" a British voice apologises.

Oh no I forgot they start today. I can't really be bothered to make friends today, i'm not in the right frame of mind. Adjusting my glasses I realise it's Elizabeth, one of the girls from the bakery yesterday. I smile in relief, she seemed rather chilled out.

"Hi Elizabeth." I reply, walking with her up the school steps where Flora and Marinette are chatting happily. 

"Where's Adrien?" I ask Marinette curiously and she shrugs, turning back to discuss different trouser lengths. Lila flounces past us all, pushing Flora to the floor. One of the people following her stops to help Flora up, and I realise it's Lucy.

"Hey Luce," I whisper, using the nickname her friends gave her so she knows it's one of us. She turns to the noise, spots me and waves discreetly.

"Can we talk at break?" She asks me and I nod in confusion.