Chapter 19

Lila's pov:

I love how Marinette actually thinks she can just avoid me all evening. I mean please, it's going to be so easy to just manipulate everyone into leaving her alone for a second. I follow behind the trio at a safe distance, Chloe glancing over her shoulder occasionally until they enter the party room. Marinette and Adrien visibly relax, but Chloe stands to the side, tense and alert. I wonder why, oh wait haha all her friends currently hate her.

Wandering slightly nearer to the blonde, I smile and acknowledge her. 

"Chloe." I nod, waving at Sabrina in the background.

She watches the exchange with a scowl before turning to me and replying, "What?"

"I just want to say I hope you and your friends smooth things over quickly." 

Her eyes widen in shock before she glares and opens her mouth to respond. A hand grabs onto her arm and pulls her away forcefully before she has the chance to speak. Looking at the fleeting figures i recognise it's Marinette, and Adrien is watching the scene with hatred.

Fluffing my hair up, I mingle with the crowd, laughing at Kim's stupid jokes and comparing Skateboards with Alix. She's rather jealous of my crystal one, a present from the Queen of England. Adrien has also seemed to have disappeared off to where Marinette was heading, but I know they're around here, i'd have been notified if they tried to leave.

As if on cue, the doors burst in with a few guards holding Chloe and Adrien tightly. 

"A few tried to leave early Miss." the shortest guard grunted at me, shoving Chloe forward.

"Where's the other one?" I ask confused.

"She's safe." the guard chortles, gesturing for me to follow him.

As i leave, I hear a muffled cry and turn to see Adrien fighting the remaining guard. They're causing a bit of a scene, so I clap my hands and they stop immediately.

"Adrien, you don't need to fight. We're on the same side here, why don't you come help us find Marinette?" I ask, looking at the concern etched across Alya and a few other's faces.

Adrien nods and stands up, brushing his suit of dust and sneakily elbowing the guard.

"Why don't we help you too?" Rose suggests stepping forwards.

"No it's okay i'm sure Marinette wouldn't want you to miss the party." I smile, before turning to Adrien and making my way out of the room.

"Is she where she's meant to be?" I quietly ask the guard by my side. He nods once, barely, so Adrien doesn't see the encounter, and we keep walking further into the castle depths.

Marinette's pov:

What even is this place? One second i'm at the doors with Chloe and Adrien and the next thing i remember is waking up here, alone. It's dark, I can't really see anything except a faint light coming from high up. Daylight I assume, considering the dim lighting of the castle.

Feeling around, I touch cold metal bars framing the left side of this place. Walking further forward, my ankle catches and pulls me back. A chain. Why have I been chained up though? 

"Hello?" i ask, hoping Adrien or Chloe may reply.

"Well hello there." A singsong voice replies, coming further towards me. Steps echo around as a group of people gather around my cell. A torch is suddenly brought forwards and I am showered in the white light.

Squinting my eyes, I make out the demon that is Lila, alongside a confused looking Adrien.

"What is she doing in there?" he asks angrily.

Lila doesn't respond, only passing the torch to Adrien and wandering away slightly.

"Say goodbye I guess." she responds when she's halfway back up the dungeon stairs.

"Bye to what?" i ask nervously. Adrien shrugs before feeling around and trying to release me from the cell.

After what seems like decades, he finds a key back up at the top of the stairwell, and rushes in to open the ankle chain. When i'm finally free he hugs me tightly and we run back to the main foyer. It's like a maze in here, but Adrien seems to know where he's going - I guess he memorized it on the way down. I recognise the foyer as we pass it, but he doesn't slow down, taking a sharp right and pulling me up a flight of stairs.

"Where are we going?" I ask quietly, in between breaths.

"I told someone to meet you here in case of an emergency, I'll get Chloe and head out the other way." he replies, stopping in front of a bay window and grabbing my shoulders.

"You'll be safe here, i promise." he says kindly, before running back in the direction we just came from.

How did he know where this was in advance? Maybe he planned an escape route before meeting me in the dungeons. I sit on the cushions scattered around the window, my eyes trained on the stairs for any movement.

Out of nowhere someone taps me on the shoulders and I jump up in fright.

"Heard someone needed an escort?" he chuckles, smiling at me in a similar way to how Adrien left a few moments ago.

Chat Noir stands in the window frame, hand outstretched. Of course this was Adrien's escape plan, he always turns to the black leather superhero when i'm in trouble.

Reaching for his hand, i glance back over my shoulder to see Lila running up the stairs with some sort of bottle, but it's too late and even she can see it.

Chat Noir jumps away with me in his arms, away from the castle and my classmates. As the castle fades into the distance, i'm left in my thoughts about what will happen to my friends, and if Adrien and Chloe made it out okay. Pulling my phone out gently so as to not disturb Chat's focus, I text Chloe asking if Adrien is with her, and that I'm safe with Chat.

She replies almost immediately

Chloe: Marinette i'm so glad you're okay! Yes I'm with Adrien right now, we'll come check on you at the bakery later. Have fun with Chat ;)

I roll my eyes and Chat glances down at me with a small smirk. Before I can ask what he saw, we've landed on the balcony and he waves before leaving.

I decide to text Alya whilst I wait for Chloe.

Marinette: Hey Als, i felt kinda sick so headed home, hope you're having fun.

Alya: Sorry, do I know you?