Chapter 33

Marinette's POV;

Lila's gag serves a double purpose, preventing me from speaking out to Adrien as he fights off the smoke. She looks entertained, walking over calmly as if this is a regular occurrence for her.

He starts to cough, as the smoke surrounds him.

"Anything to say to Marinette?" Lila teases, glancing back at me happily.

"Love... you.... m'lady." he replies, looking at me with pain in his eyes. I scream out to him but the gag muffles my every word.

Adrien falls to the ground and I panic. What if he doesn't wake up?! Lila seems unbothered, as if she expected this. Instead, she lowers herself to the ground next to him, waiting patiently.

I stop my cries for a moment to watch what happens. His eyes spring back open and tears form in my eyes from happiness.

"Adrien, good to see you're back." Lila says, resting her arm around his shoulders.

He smiles at her and looks confused.

"Lila, hey, where am I?" He finally asks.

Wait a minute, what does he mean?? How can he not remember this... does this mean he doesn't remember me?

And just like that my heart shatters. This boy, who I finally declared my feelings for, who liked me back, who told me he LOVED me. He doesn't remember me, or any of the memories we share. 

Having been lost in my own misery for a few seconds, I miss the end of their conversation, but their departing footsteps bring me back to the basement. The door shuts swiftly behind them and I'm left alone once again. The gag prevents me from calling out to him, even if he wouldn't know who I was.

I'm sat in the darkness, no Tikki, no Adrien, no one. Not one person knows where I am or cares enough to look. Even the English girls don't know me well enough to bother looking. The only person that could possibly be bothered to look is Chat Noir.

But when Adrien lost his memory, it felt like I was less closely connected to Chat. It felt unusually cold but I just don't know why. Maybe something happened to Chat at the same time? I hope he's okay.

M'lady, bugaboo, LB. I'd love to hear him say any of them right now; just knowing I'm safe with someone who cares. M'lady especially, I secretly like that one, it's like an accidental mix of both sides of me. Marinette and Ladybug. Adrien's words suddenly resonate in my head.

"Love... you.... m'lady."

M'lady. No. It can't actually be him, can it...........