Chapter 41

Lila's POV: 

I'm sat in English when I see Adrien running down the corridor in the direction of the art room. Alix leans across from the table beside me, commenting on the sight.

"I reckon he's trying to catch up to that new girl Marinette." she whispers with a grin. 

I roll my eyes before putting my hand up and asking Miss Bustier if I can be excused to go to the bathroom. She nods kindly so I head off in the direction Adrien went.

When I reach the art room windows, sure enough Adrien and Marinette are stood there. Admittedly, Marinette does look caught off guard so I don't think she planned this one. My cousin was stood behind her, looking equally as surprised but gleeful. Floating next to her were two... objects? One black and one red. I couldn't determine what exactly they were, but no one else seemed fazed by them.

Adrien walks up to Marinette, drawing my attention from the floating things, and she seems to be rambling. Of course, it is Marinette. He cuts her off, but I can't hear their conversation, I just see him kiss her.

A part of me hurts, but another part just sees red. Sure I took his memory of her away, but he's supposed to be dating me. That sneaky cousin of mine must be behind this, especially considering the look on her face. 

I walk over to the door and push it open dramatically.

"Ahem." I say sarcastically, and Lucy's eyes lock on mine immediately, panic clouding them. She nudges the duo and they break apart quickly. Marinette looks guilty and backs up to where Lucy is stood with the floating objects that have now disappeared.

Adrien however, looks angry. He stands in front of the two other girls with a protective arm shielding them. 

"Lila, we should talk." He says calmly, trying to control his tone from getting more aggressive.

"Yes, considering how we're still dating and you're kissing other girls." I reply bitterly.

He looks uncomfortable, and I think he'll back down, before my stupid cousin opens her big mouth.

"Only because you wiped his memory." she calls from behind the others, causing him to whip his head around to look at her.

Marinette shakes her head frantically at her and she looks conflicted.

"What did you say?" he asks slowly.

Lucy gulps, glancing between Marinette and I before continuing.

"You and Marinette knew each other before yesterday, about 2 years to be specific. There was no car accident. Lila wiped your memory of her and kidnapped her the same day that you both confessed your love to each other." she explains.

I look at Adrien who is standing there with wide eyes.

"Marinette, m'lady, is this true?" he whispers in shock.

She nods once, her eyes trained on the floor, avoiding my glare.

Adrien turns to me, looking the most angry I've ever seen him. It's not a big deal, I'll just top up the memory potion and he won't remember any of this.

Instead of getting into a fight, I backup towards the door, shooting the girls a glare before hurrying away from that classroom. I hear Adrien calling after me but don't turn back. Lucy should be scared of what's coming for her.

I decide to just head home but run straight into Emma at the school doors.

"Lila, where have you been? You haven't texted me at all recently." She says sadly. I open my mouth to reply claiming I was busy with school work but Adrien calls my name once again so I grab Emma's arm and make a run for it.

"I've been busy." I say between breaths and she nods in response, focused on keeping up with my pace. 

I pull her into a side alley away from the school and we stop to catch our breath. I don't think Adrien followed us, but he wouldn't find us here anyway.