Chapter 37

Chloe's POV:

Lucy had briefed me on the plan, and I knew Lila was allowing me to stay friends with her regarding everyone else forgot me. I also had to forget about Marinette so that she could come back to school.

Lila had messaged me telling me to meet her at the river. I assume it's to give me the memory potions. There's no other reason she would want to see me at 6:30am on a school day. Except to throw me over the bridge maybe...hm... wouldn't put it past her.

It was currently 6:15 but I couldn't sleep at all last night so I decided to leave earlier than necessary. I'd been messaging Lucy all morning, as she had woken up earlier than she intended as well. A message pinged up at that moment, reading another update about the location of her cousin.

Lucy: She just left, I'm coming too.

Well that wasn't part of the plan. Perhaps, Lila didn't want Lucy around her stuff. Almost as if there was a counter potion to this memory stuff.

I positioned myself over the railing of the bridge and gazed out onto the waters of the river.

"Chloe, hey." a familiar voice said beside me.

I jumped and span at the noise and saw Adrien beside me.

"Why are you here so early?" I asked, forgetting to greet him politely. I'm amazed he was allowed to leave so early before school.

"Lila asked me to meet her here." he replied, staring out at the water beside me, before glancing at me.

"You?" 

"Oh, same." I replied in confusion.

The boy shrugged and we waited in a comfortable silence for a few minutes.

"Oh perfect you're both here on time." an annoying voice said behind us both.

I swear Adrien looked annoyed for a second before a mask fell over his face and he smiled. I've seen that smile before, it's the photoshoot smile. 

"Morning Lila, why did you want us here?" he asks politely.

He doesn't know anything. I tense beside him, knowing what's coming.

"You first babe." she said, pulling her bag off her back and shoving it into Lucy's hands.

"Hold this." she said impatiently. Lucy shoots me a look; yep Lila definitely made her come.

Lila gave Adrien a sip of the drink, waiting a few seconds and then placed the drink back into her bag. 

"Your turn Chloe." She said, pulling another drink out. I drank the liquid quickly, feeling slightly dizzy but nothing awful. Lucy watched me nervously from the side. Lila finished the distribution of the drinks and zipped her bag back up. She then grabbed Adrien's arm and left me alone with Lucy on the bridge.

"All okay?" she asks warily.

"Yeah, my head isn't great though." I comment. She looks at me sadly.

"I'm sure it'll work out in the end." she says miserably, looping her arm through mine .

I laugh at her tone. "It's just a headache Luce." 

She sighs but doesn't reply, instead pulling me in the direction of school.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lila's POV:

"Just come with me Adrien, I have something to show you." I called, leading him into the house.

"I recognise this place." he mumbles to himself.