Chapter 45

Lucy's POV:

The three of us walk through the city until we reach the police station, where Elizabeth is standing outside. She notices us and waves us over, leading us inside.

The officer makes his way through the empty cells until we reach the most dimly lit one at the back of the station.

"5 minutes." he says, looking at us each individually with a glare.

"Well well, if it isn't my favourite people ever." she smiles making eye contact with me for an unnecessary amount of time.

"We had to check you were gone for good." Marinette snaps, causing Lila to turn and face her.

Lila pats her head and her arm as if checking for something.

"Nope, still here. Better luck next time. Seems like you're the only one that can disappear." she chuckles.

"Don't talk to her like that." Adrien responds, putting an arm around Marinette's shoulder and glaring at the girl.

"Oh Adrikins, didn't realise your memory was back. About time really. It was getting a bit too easy." she yawns, leaning back against the wall.

A quiet giggle builds up beside me, before bursting into a full on laugh. I turn to look at Elizabeth with a confused look.

"Too easy huh? You're in prison Lila, how much harder did you expect it to get." she chokes out between laughs, causing Lila to turn red.

"Shut it British sidekick, you don't even know me."

"No, but I do." I say defending Elizabeth who was still quietly chuckling.

"You do, and you know i've been in worse situations than this." my cousin replies with a smirk. 

I nod curtly. "But this one will be the last." 

With that I turn back along the corridor towards the reception, hearing 3 sets of footsteps behind me.

"Do you really think she'll get out?" Elizabeth says to me quietly as we exit the building. I glance at Marinette and Adrien who are happily talking with interlocked hands, before nodding slightly.

I know Elizabeth saw the response because she sucks in a breath slowly before nodding back.

"So what do we do? She won't let us live this down." she asks nervously.

"We do exactly what she's doing. We get out."

-3 months later-

The four of them plus Flora, Chloe and the kwamiis were sitting around the living room eating a takeaway. The horse miraculous made it very easy for them to go back to Paris and fix any problems as Ladybug and Chat Noir. It had been peaceful so far, meaning the group had been able to settle into London without much difficulty.

Occasionally, they would switch to the French news when the uk news got dull, and tonight happened to be one of those days. It had been a normal broadcast so far, with someone explaining how their cow got stuck on a bus, and a new bakery opening simply to shut down after realising the favouritism towards the dupain-cheng bakery. Marinette blushed at this, proud of her parents and their achievements. As if conveniently, Marinette had received a package of pastries earlier in the day from the bakery, and they were sitting on the table waiting to be eaten.

Adrien picked up a macaroon as the screen went red and a headline flashed up. Marinette reached for the remote and turned up the volume as 'breaking news' ran across the screen.

"Probably a cow on the subway." Elizabeth commented, making them all chuckle.

In recent moments, we have recieved news that a prisoner is on the run in Paris. We are unaware of her crimes as of present, but police have warned us to stay inside."

"Surely not..." Marinette asked, looking at me, but my eyes remained on the screen.

"So far, the police only have what she left in her cell, which includes this message she engraved into the wall."

An image popped up on the screen, the word 'REVENGE' scratched into the stone wall.

"We don't know for sure?" Flora said, trying to remain positive.

The news reporter came back onto the screen, leaving a final message to end the segment. "So there you have it everyone."

We all turned to look at each other, waiting for the final conclusion.

"Lila Rossi is out, and she's looking for revenge."